Monday, February 11, 2008

Peace-out!

Thursday is my favorite day.  For me, it mentally marks the beginning of the weekend.  


Monday through Thursday I generally try to keep myself productive and on as much of a schedule as I can stand.  I give myself daily to-lists and keep a calendar with appointments and general stuff.  

By Thursday, my willingness to be organized and productive starts to slide.  

This past week, however, I got a head start on the weekend.  I think it started Tuesday.  I don't know what happened, but I left my right mind and became some sort of flower-child from the sixties subconsciously. Hey, man what was all the anal-retentive list making about?  Chillax!  Be free, man.   I was gettin' no karma from the laundry.  Those black bananas lying on the counter were bummin' me out, man. Homework was givin' me no love and a total drag . . .

Okay, so you get the idea.  By Sunday night, I could hardly stand myself.  I got a hefty dose of reality when I saw how much homework I had left for Monday.   That definitely bummed me out and gave me no love at all . . .

So, here's to a better week!  The bananas were first on my new list.
Peace - out!

Here's the recipe, enjoy!

Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
1- 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1-1/3 c. mashed ripe bananas
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine bananas, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.  Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen


2 comments:

melanie said...

Anything with double chocolate gets my stamp of approval!!!

A few days of peace may be worth it though, eh?

Paul and Linda said...

Do you know you can mash bananas and freeze them for later use. Freeze them in the amt. called for in the recipe. Ain't that a handy hint ?