Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


J'espere que votre jour de l'amour va bien! (I hope your day of love is going well.)At our house this morning, we woke up to 6 inches of snow on the ground.  It is a beautiful sight to behold . . . but, it does need to be shoveled.

At lunchtime today, we had an anonymous Mexican come to our door soliciting snow shoveling for pay.  Daren, who by this point of the day had had a pretty crummy morning, kindly refused the anonymous Mexican's services explaining that we had two, strapping boys who could shovel.
I winced inside the house because I give the Mexican credit for working for his money.  Inside, I was hoping that he wouldn't have refused him, but allowed him the ability to work.  I didn't say anything.  
Daren came back inside to partake of my delicious soup I made for lunch.  Without saying anything, he left the table and went back outside to find the guy which he then offered employment.  
That's why I love my Valentine.  He would give an anonymous Mexican $20 to shovel his driveway.  I love his soft, tender heart and that he cares - even about people he doesn't know.  And that he'll give the only bill in his wallet to help.
I don't care in this instance if he's illegal or not.

2 comments:

Erin said...

that Daren Pierson...he's a good egg! :)

Paul and Linda said...

Daren Burton Pierson ... man of mercy !