Friday, February 8, 2008

Do you hear that?


It's the fat lady, and she's singing . . .


Goodbye Mitt Romney.

In my zealousness for all things republican, I sort of naively thought that all it would take to get Governor Romney elected was some determination and lots of signs; that we could beat the dreaded pirate McCain with will-power and maybe some luck.

Daren told me of Romney's decision to drop out of the race yesterday afternoon and I literally sunk.  My excitement from the night before at the caucus was like a child's bright red, balloon - POPPED, deflated, just empty latex pieces.  I was mad.  I was sad.  

Daren kept telling me to listen to McCain's speech from CPAC.  Not the dread pirate McCain - he was the same candidate who just the night before made this mess by splitting the party and throwing delegates Huckabee's way.  
 
And then, last night as I sat in the car for an hour and a half for two piano lessons, I heard the speeches from CPAC rebroadcast.  

First came Romney.  I listened with admiration as he with nobility, the betterment of the party and with America in mind, explained it to me.  He used simple words so that I could understand.  (It was my first Super Tuesday you remember.)  I was impressed.  I was moved and I agreed.  It is the direction to take in order to keep the ideals I value and keep America a safe and prosperous nation. 

Ugh . . .the dread pirate McCain . . .I listened to him speak too.  I'm going to need more research for him to get my vote.  I might need him to take a lie detector test while he's telling me of his plans and sign a form promising me he won't change his mind on things.  I may also require him to make cookies for Governor Romney and publicly say he's sorry and that he thinks the Governor will be the best choice four years from now.

And I think he will do it, cause my vote matters . . .remember?

This is Shauna, reporting live from her corner of the political arena . . .back to you.

4 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

This is Linda ... reporting from MI, the state that voted for Romney, and who has personally declared she will never vote for McCain. My mind has not been changed. After CPAC I see only that he continues to lie. To say whatever he thinks it will take, and I'm not buying it. I think he is a modern Capt. Queeg, rolling his metal balls, and it is only a matter of time before he self destructs. I will vote for Obama, or in the event, Hillary is the nominee, I will not vote !
Romney in 2012 !!!

Suzy said...

I'm disappointed too. I just kept thinking, "now what are we supposed to do?" I guess I'll try and do a little more research on McCain, but my gut feels the same way about him as I did about Bush...I really don't like him as a person much. I really liked Mitt. Oh well...November is still pretty far away. Lots of things can change.

Karie said...

I was so shocked!!! Big Huge Bummer! I agreed with your sentiments exactly!!!

Aunt Vicki said...

I am sitting here with my mail in ballot. Our deadline for mailing is tomorrow. My hanging chad is punched for Romney and I feel like I got all dressed up and the party was cancelled. To add to my confusion, Hilary flew in today and is holding a rally at the neighborhood center in the middle of our black area and Michelle Obama is here at a rally in our Museum of Art. Could anyone clarify the targeted demographic!
Though I believe that the constitution is definately hanging by a thread, evidently things will have to descend to a greater debacle for the Lord to send in the Elders of Israel. Since there doesn't seem to be any difference this election perhaps Hilary will simplify matters and choose John as a running mate.