Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A few of my favorite things

Don't ya just love the Sound of Music? I do. I love that adorable Julie Andrews belting out a few of her favorite things in rhyme and song to those obedient little Von Trapp children.

My brother in law, Mark posted some of his favorite things today on his blog and it made me want to make a list too. A good list is both satisfying and entertaining. Unlike the governess, my list will not rhyme and instead consists of things silly and trite, but here goes:

1. Soft drinks straws from McDonald's. They give you a good-value sized swallow of your favorite beverage!
2. Finding a good, new book
3. Thursdays - especially the evenings when I can sit and watch another new, confusing episode of Lost, my current favorite show. And, I am looking forward to more new episodes of The Office, also on my Thursday evening line-up
4. I love making recipes from Giada's cookbook. Nine out of ten times they are delicious and you get credit for being a great cook!
5. Crumb-free countertops
6. Cold, crisp, Gala apples
7. going to bed early
8. Fast Break candy bars
9. Any kind of homemade soup - wierd fact: I always grab a little taster cup of Safeway's soup whenever I shop. Some people head to Starbucks for a venti whatever, or to the fountain station for a DC, I head to the soup bar!
10. It's a tie: Qdoba's queso and my new recipe for tomatillo ranch dressing!
11. Fun facts from three and four year olds. For instance, last Sunday, after telling one of my little Sunbeams that I am glad to see him - he whispers back in my ear that he has Batman pajamas and Superman underwear.

3 comments:

J'Amy Day said...

An amen to crumb-free counter tops, Thursday night line-ups, fun facts from 3-yr-olds, and I'll add a couple more...costco brownie bites, a dry and ice-free driveway, and a fresh cut and color (my hair, not flowers - but those are nice, too!)

Mark Brown said...

Ahh, the family fixation with crumb-free countertops.

Personally, it's the Batman pajamas that would make me really happy.

Karie said...

So I'm curious where the link is to your tomatillo ranch dressing recipe. Do share!!!