So Friday night, I got some form of insomnia. Daren and I were home watching a movie around 9-ish and I fell asleep. I went up to bed around midnight and slept for two more hours.
Bam! My internal clock alarm went off at 2:30 a.m. I was wide awake. No more pleasant dreams. I'm up.
Truthfully, I'm a little surprised. I'm awake and coherant. This isn't my usual state in the middle of the night. If I'm awake in the middle of the night, historically I am in a state between sleep and manic hysteria. (I am a sleep: talker, walker, paranoid psycho usually running around the house at 2:00 a.m. declaring our house is under a: HIDE 12-16. Or that the World Series "goods" are being delivered to my home, or that I have to feed the stake after conference. Yeah, the list is long and the stories are funny.)
For some people, five and a half hours is plenty of sleep and all they need. Not for me. The more sleep the better! So . . .here I am at 2:30 a.m. coherant, thinking what do I do now?
Here's what I did:
1. I get two and a half hours of uninterrupted homework done. I finished at 4:45 a.m.
2. Cleaned all my kitchen drawers and cupboards. I finished at 6:00 a.m.
3. Folded laundry. I finished at 6:30 a.m.
4. Decluttered the main floor of the house. I finished at 7:00 a.m.
5. Read. I finished at 8:00 a.m.
By now, everyone is waking up, I'm actually happy to have some company.
6. Made breakfast. I finished at 8:45 a.m. By this time, I have just about finished an entire day.
7. Michelle, Daren and I went on a bike ride for two hours. I finished at 1:00 p.m.
It's lunchtime and I'm still going strong.
The day was productive, eventful, and I never took a nap. I did not fall asleep until 9:00 that night. I wondered when I went to sleep if my superhuman abilities would be with me and grant me another day. I didn't wake up until Daren woke me at 7:30.
Shoot . . . if only I could bottle that superhuman strength. Oh, yeah, I guess it is probably bottled and marketed by some pharmaceutical company or sold on the streets . . .
It was a nice day.
And my kitchen is organized and clean.
Drug-free.
Monday, February 25, 2008
If only . . .
Posted by Shauna at 12:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's amazing how much you can get done when there are no interuptions...no phone calls, no one ringing the door bell, no kids who need something from mom. Way to go!
You sound surprised by yourself while all the time I'm thinking that totally sounds like something Shauna would do...you mean you actually sleep sometimes? (You run laps around me sister!!)
Wow!
Was there kryptonite in your dinner?
Post a Comment