
What are the writers doing to us now?
I want to be a fan. I'm trying, really I am, but what are they doing to us now?
Here's a theory I found interesting . .
This theory only answers questions thru season 2, maybe season 3. Is anybody else LOST in the new season? Are the writers?
9 comments:
I think I'm at an advantage because I didn't watch season 1 or 2. I only came in during last season and so I don't have as much back history and baggage with the show.
Consequently, I'm loving the flash-forwards. They're totally messing with my head as I try to figure out what in the world would happen to cause Sayid to work for Ben, for Kate to "adopt" Aaron, for Jack to end up a drug-addicted slob with a really bad, fake-looking beard, etc.
I really enjoy being surprised when it comes to watching a movie or a tv show and Lost has surprised me every episode so far this season. Ben turning up last week, Kate's baby turning out to be Claire's this week. It's awesome. Oh, and Sayid's would-be girlfriend turning out to be an agent of the mysterious enemy? That kicked my butt. Loved it.
Ditto Mark, I'm loving all the twists and turns!
It's an interesting theory. I can't wait to see how they tie it all up, but for now-- it's a new surprise every week.
Here's a question though-- does Aaron count as one of the Oceanic 6?
Okay - you both bring good points back to the table.
I told Daren last year when he "quit" the show, "stop trying to make sense of everything, just sit back and enjoy it for pure entertainment!"
I will take my own medicine.
I have just had a hard time with the flash forwards. Last night's episode left me once again . . . hanging . . .
Did you see the previews for next week? With my favorite Scotsman?
I'm afraid you're going to have to get used to the "left hanging" feeling. I don't get the sense that much will be made real clear until next year. (Isn't that when the final season will be?) For me, knowing that the writers have the entire rest of the show mapped out down to the very episode allows me to relax and know that it will all unfold in time.
I love hearing all of your thoughts. And we were blown away last night when Kate picked up her baby and called him "Aaron!"
I love the fact that I'm surprised every week and left to anticipate the next episode! Thursdays are my favorite night!!
I'm still walking around with a dazed look trying to absorb the whole thing ;-).
jd
Love the discussion...in answer to Mel's question...another question. Could Kate really just have named her and Sawyer's love-child Aaron in homage of Clair's Aaron? Because if he was really just Claire's baby why would Jack have such an aversion to him???
Mark just told me that Aaron is actually Jack's nephew???
Suzy - you and Mark need to rent (or purchase) season 2!! That is where you see some really cool "coincidences" among the cast.
Jack and Claire have the same Father. Sawyer met Jack's father in the bar before the plane crashed. That's all I'm giving up in the way of secrets!
Post a Comment