Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I wish my homework could be reading blogs

I really am enjoying school this semester.  I'm going to be so french you are not even going to recognize me . . .
but I have this problem with homework - I'm finding I really don't want to do it.

instead, I want to read your blogs

for hours.

This is becoming a problem.  Learning a language at college level (even if it is a community college) goes pretty fast and my head swims in new verbs and vocabulary and I hate that feeling.  
When I was first started college at the spry age of 18, I had no problem with burning the midnight oil.  Today, there is no oil to be had and it certainly isn't going to be burning that late.  
Staying on task is quite near impossible with the computer.  It's not like the TV you can just turn off and walk away from or like the phone which can go to voice mail.  Nope, this is the next level in self-determination and control.

It stinks.

So, to keep myself motivated, in addition to your words of encouragement and advice (hint,hint) this will be my new screensaver. 

 I hope it doesn't make me think of school as a mountain I still need to climb . . .

14 more classes to go . . .

5 comments:

Heather said...

I was going to ask if that was the view from your window, and then i noticed the Y, so no it's not. Are you guys totally covered in snow? Think of all the good brain power you are using, meaning they say to use different parts of your brain to keep it young. Your brain is feeling so young, I just know it!! Staying up late isn't good for us anyway ;) You need your 8+ hours of sleep. Keep up the good work!!

Paul and Linda said...

Rise and Shout, you Cougar, you ! You are like the little Engine ... I think you can, I think you can !

PS. I will have a double order of that ziti w/asparagus and smoked mozzarella ! Quick !

BROKEN said...

Hey Shauna ....I think I see you almost at the top of that mountain...keep going girl.

Erin said...

(start theme music from Rocky) You can do it, Shauna! How do you say "keep on truckin" in French?!

Suzy said...

Considering I should be "working" when I read blogs, I think you're doing okay. Shhhh...don't tell.

Keep on keeping on with the ed-yoo-kay-shun! You're doing great!