Thursday, October 25, 2007

Strollin down memory lane . . .


(This is my all-time favorite picture of me and my brothers. I love it of Jeff - it captured his laugh so well, I can still remember the day the picture was taken!)

Pat me on the back people, cause I have finally finished my online English class for BYU, and I dun wrote mine own personal histry!

(Or at least part of it. As of this post, I am still very much alive.)

I thought the fam would be interested in seeing some old pictures and hearing some old memories. Sorry, they will only be from my point of view - it is my histry, member?
For my friends who I keep up with - sorry, proceed to read if severely bored or severely intoxicated!

"My brothers Jeff and Ryan were my best playmates. For hours we could entertain ourselves. We would play school where I was the teacher and they were the students. We would play Sacrament meeting on Sunday afternoons where I was the Bishop and they were the congregation. We would play store where I was the cashier and they were the shoppers. Pretty simple back then, You did what I said and we got along beautifully!
For store, you needed groceries. Mom didn't like when we would raid the pantry for the real stuff, so we had to improvise. Our woden blocks became blocks of cheese, meat, milk and cookies. I don't have to work from memory on this as I still have these blocks among my children's toys today. A few of them still read, milk - .25 cents. Cheese was expensive at our store, it was $1.00.
We loved playing store. Santa helped us out one year and brought us the best stuff; little three inch plastic cans of soup, little three inch paper boxes of cereal and more. We even got a plastic shopping basket. I don't think I opened too many gifts that morning because all I wanted to do was get shopping with our new supplies. Guess who was the shopper that day and not the cashier?"

Thanks Jeff and Ryan for the memories. You guys are still fun to play with, but you don't let me boss you around as much anymore! You each need to be glad I left off the picture of you on the day you let me play beauty shop - Jeff you were beautiful with your pretty dress and funky make-up and Ryan with your blonde wig and big red lips!

7 comments:

jt said...

I see a lot of your kids in you! Such a cute picture.

Paul and Linda said...

How much do we have to pay to get it printed ? At the flyer for our Halloween party ay the Ward : "No masks, NO CROSS-DRESSING ... ". I already mentioned Ryan's year as a Bill Knapp's waitress. Do we need to fear ?

Suzy said...

I love that picture too! I can totally hear you and Jeff laughing the same as you do today!

I WANT A COPY OF YOUR HISTRY ASAP!!
If you're sharing, I'd love to read it!!

Erin said...

mmm...Tator Tot Casserole...can I come over for dinner this week?!

Ryan sure needed that helmet (as do us these days) playing amongst the 2 of you! You guys are a wild and crazy pair!

Congrats on finishing the class! That is awesome! Yesssss! :)

Jonah said...

So cute! Love the stories... you are a great writer. Want to write my history?? Just make somethin' up. It's better than nothin' right?

melanie said...

Anyone else see Alec's profile in that picture???

Yay for being finished!

J'Amy Day said...

Great post! Where did all the wicked blond hair go? I'm so impressed you finished your history. After I knock out another 12 stake parties I hope to get back into it ;-).

I remember this photo now. I was laughing because you just delivered me a full-on Chrysler, you bubba chinka (where did that one come from...haha).

When you coming back out here so we can scare everyone!

Lots of love.

jd