That's the new word around our house now - chill-ax. The modern form of teenage verb conjugation. It stems from the verbs: to chill and to relax.
In a sentence form it can be used as a command: ex: Mom, chillax! Or it can be used as an exchange of information, ex: I'm goin over to (insert friends name here) to chillax, later.
I've heard my ultra-hip, forty-something husband eek out, "Hey, let's chillax and watch a movie."
Either way, it is another fine example of our highly intelligent use of the English language. It makes one word out of two, combining "chill" and "relax." Chillax. Why say in three syllables what you can say in two? Two words when you can use just one?
Whatever. And I think French is hard. I think I will email Francois and tell him the new word. I'll have to make sure and have him tell me how it goes when he uses it in his vocabulary.
What is chillax again? To chill. To relax.
I felt pretty good over the weekend. I chillaxed (past tense) and watched eight hours of television along with the rest of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Ya gotta love TV church.
I absolutely love conference. And it's not just cause I like to watch television either. It was especially exciting to hear the announcement of our new second counselor. Did you all run to the first session like me and listen intently? I love that Pres. Hinckley doesn't make us wait!
I wish they would post on lds.org how Elder Wirthlin is doing and if he just needed to sit down or if he needed some oxygen. I wasn't very chillaxed while he spoke. I was too worried he was going to topple over. Does anybody else remember when Elder Hunter did that in the 90's before he was President?
Talk amongst yourselves. Peace out. Chillax!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Chillax, Mom!
Posted by Shauna at 10:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Mary Ahn told me that Elder Wirthlin's knees locked up and he felt "as if he was trying to lift heavy weights to just stay standing. I feel fine for a man of 90 !" That makes Elder Nelson's reach down to the knee make sense. I thought maybe he was taking his pulse rate. Anyway, that gesture was the sweetest moment in Conference. One man talking about love, and another displaying it . Gave me an appreciation for Elder Nelson I hadn't had before.
Tomorrow we go to Mo's to "chillax" ! (And probably keep her from it ! ) :)
I was not chillaxin' either during his talk...I kept sayin' "don't do a President Hunter..."
I learned a new word too yesterday on my way out of target. I heard a woman talking (quite angrily) to her friend and she said, "I guaren-damn-tee ya..."
I like it. If I used those kinds of words I'd add it to my vocabulary right now!
P.S. You're lucky I don't live close enough to conviniently pop over for Texas Brisket and loaded potato night!!! Yum!
I often wonder if it's a sign of aging or maturity as I each year I look forward to Gen. Conf. more and more. I love it to! Ken and I both got strong warm fuzzies watching Nelson hold up Wirthlin. The world needs more men like that! Wow! it was so powerful.
I think I'm going to have to use the "chil-ax" word. We'll see if the kids/teenagers here look at me strange!
Chillax! I love it - thanks for making me laugh...
amy
Post a Comment