Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A good book and a warm bath


One of my favorite ways to unwind is with a good book and a warm bath, actually a scalding hot bath. It was a nightly ritual for me way before Oprah talked about it.

The ritual went something like this . . .
Check the tub for cleanliness. Turn on the hot water. Open the Bath and Body works scent for the day. Pour scent. Prepare for soaking. Grab book and ahhhhh . . . relaxation. Calgon, take me away.

I miss my nightly soak. Life has been just too dang busy for the ritual.

I am pleased with the progress I have made with my list. You remember of course the pleasure I take in crossing items off a list, but life has been so busy lately, it is downright ridiculous.

Here's what I've been up to lately:
1. Picking out a paint color for the exterior of the house. We had rot in a corner of the front facade of the house from a broken gutter and our garage door broke and had to be replaced which meant we had to repaint or face a fine/ticket from the HOA. I finally got the color approved today. Good thing cause gutter people are coming tommorrow and so is the painter!
2. Finished four essays for the online English class. Still need to bind them into book form and mail to finish the class.
3. Completed two oral presentations in French, took two chapter tests and take my mid-term and oral exam tomorrow! Je etudie et travaille dur en francais!
4. Found warmer clothing for Paige and Maddi who had nothing. Put proper clothing on children or possibly face another ticket from the HOA.
5. Make Maddi's birthday invitations - plan party later. I have until the 26th.
6. Keep up with the church callings. VT, Stake Building scheduler and ward activities committee.
7. Cook, laundry and clean bathrooms.

Au revoir Bubbles - see you over Christmas break.

3 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

Certainly you are not reading your french text-book in the tub ! Even Calgon cannot take that away ! Just finished Chris Bohjalian's (Midwives) book called : "Before you know Kindness". I really liked it better than Midwives. Am now rdg." Family Tree " by Barbara Delinsky and it's pretty good so far ! Less thought provoking ... quick read.

Erin said...

when does a girl ever get some time to just "chillax" with a good book and a warm bath when she is a mother of 4?! :)

melanie said...

I'm giggling with Erin--

...and down with the big brother HOA's!!!

:) Mel