Saturday, October 20, 2007

Give the woman her props!


Three cheers for Melanie!! Or should that be thirty?
Before the day is over, let's give the woman her props on this, her thirtieth birthday!

Melanie is the one you want to have on your team. She is always willing to roll up her sleeves and do whatever needs to be done to get the job finished. She supports so completely that many times the projects of others become her own. Her helpfulness and can-do attitude are an endearing quality about her. She is dependable, reliable and talented. Many times, she does the job for someone else better than they could've done the job themselves.

Melanie is, and always has been, a source of encouragement to her family and friends. She thoughtfully remembers the things we casually mention in conversations and cheers us on. She helps us overcome our personal fears and finds ways to accomplish the goals we set out to achieve. She is an example of personal determination and pretty much figures out whatever it is she sets out to do.

When Melanie gets an idea, she doesn't just talk about it, she figures it out and masters it, whether it is photography, Adobe photoshop, sewing, decorating, cooking or baking. I'll never forget when she did her first triathalon, I had talked about it, she went and did it. She stares fear square in the face and laughs! That's cool!

Melanie is a creative genius. I always love whatever she creates. I have benefited from her creativity many times. When Paige was having a treasure hunt as part of her 8th birthday party and I was inept at writing the jingle for the party, Melanie whips one up in a couple of hours and saves the day! She also made the best birthday present ever for my fortieth birthday last year: A book from my family of forty reasons why they love me. I will never forget the effort put into that present - it is not only beautiful, but cherished and irreplaceable!

Melanie is the most fiscally disciplined chick I know and I love that about her. She knows how to save, but isn't cheap.

Melanie is organized, loyal, fun and adventurous! She'll get you on the zipline and laugh all the way down with you!

She is a fantastic mother and wife, daughter and sister. She is a friend to all she knows.

Happy Birthday Melanie! We love you!

YOU ROCK!
(I cannot believe I don't have a single picture of her!)

3 comments:

melanie said...

awww shucks!!!

thank you so much for the birthday wishes & gift-- you are so thoughtful!

Erin said...

amen sister! Rock on with your 30 year old self! :)

J'Amy Day said...

Ditto! We love you, Melanie - you are everything Shauna says you are! We hope you had a happy birthday.

amy & jeff