This was the beautiful drive
This is Vail Pass. Aren't the colors perty?
Here is eternal companion, driver, post-run masseuse and biggest fan. The one, the only . . .Daren B.
These are actually photos from the 2007 race. Our photos from 2008 will reflect rain and cloudy skies. In the second time in St. George Marathon 35 year history, the St. George Marathon had rain, headwinds of 10 mph and completely cloudy skies! It was cold at the start, but we all had trash bags to keep us dry and big bon-fires to keep us warm.
The afternoon before, my Uncle Michael and my brother Jeff drove me through the course to help me prepare. I thought this was funny. It shows you how many toilets it takes to accomodate over 5,000 runners!
This was what time Daren woke up. I actually woke up at 3:15. Blah . . .
Jeff and Uncle Michael arrive at 4:30 to drive us up to the buses. The school buses shuttle the runners to the starting line, 26.2 miles away.
This sign is from a Shauna that ran in 2007, but it still holds truth for this Shauna in 2008!
The St. George Middle School band welcoming the runners to the finish line!
Look out people - here we come! Catch us when we fall!
Finisher: MICHELLE HART 4:11:19 11th place for her division! Pretty good for a first marathon, eh?
Here is the finish line one minute before my brother Jeff busts through finally breaking, after five previous attempts, a four hour marathon! Sixth time's the charm!
And he finishes!! JEFFREY DAY: 3:54:41 
Finisher: SHAUNA PIERSON: 4:48:02 (in lime green)
Me crying when I see my number one fan. I used my towel to cover the ugly face cry.
Me and my brutha post-marathon.
What an incredible experience.
Was it hard? Heck yes.
Was it the most incredible experience? Heck yes it was.
Will I do it again? HECK YES I WILL!!!!!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
From here to the St. George finish line!
Posted by Shauna at 9:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
that is AWESOME!!! Are you amazing...heck yes you are...GOSH! :) Congratulations!!! :)
I was thinking about you-glad it went well! You are a rock star! Congrats! Great time too!!
You are amazing!! I had a hard time walking to the mailbox today.
Love ya.
My wife is awesome!
Signed,
Number one fan and driver
I am so proud of you!!!! Way to go!
There is NOTHING like that feeling is there??? Nothing. Well, maybe the rush after you have a baby, but different very differnt. I'm glad it went well, congrats!
You're a rock star! Tell your French teacher to stick this marathon up his/her pipe and smoke it. Or, er, something like that.
Still amazed. Great job! And I can't believe you want to do it again!!
Oh my heck! Good for you. For me, it would be awful, but it's totally cool for you--congrats from your #1 fans in Houston!
Congratulations on finishing the marathon. That was cool that you got to run it with your brother and Michelle. We are enjoying life here in Virginia. Everyday I look out my window and think how blessed we are to live where we do. Anytime you guys head out to the DC area, you are more than welcome here.
Post a Comment