Colorado is a great state. I love it here, but, the winters come early to make all the skiers happy. Last year, it snowed two weeks before Halloween. We have not seen any snow yet, but it is getting colder at night and only getting up in the sixties now during the day. The shorts have been replaced by pants and light jackets are definitely required now.
So, here's to all things fall!
Soups, decorations, jackets, homemade rolls and bread, colorful mums and the last of the fall colors, early bedtimes for reading good books, new scarves, new sweaters, slippers and fleece blankets, new episodes of my favorite television shows and even new ones to try if I have the time, zucchini bread - the only plant still producing! and the end of soccer season!
(The pictures are from the bike ride Michelle and I went on last week with our girls)
3 comments:
Speaking of new TV shows ... have you watched "Life on Mars" yet ? It is on Thurs. and I am quite liking it so far. The lead is a bad guy from "The Closer" one of my favs of the off-seasons.
Beautiful!! Enjoy it while it lasts!
I agree with the homemade rolls and bread. I don't know what it is, but when the leaves change and the temperature dips I get in the mood to bake...cookies, muffins, rolls...it makes me feel better while I sit in my jammies and read, watch TV, and hunker down for the winter!
Post a Comment