Thursday, September 27, 2007

Season Opener

Did ya watch?

Oh, the love/hate relationship I have with television. I love it, but it is a worm hole for me. I never intend to become slack-jawed and useless when I turn it on, but it happens.

Quite often I get so obsessed with "my" shows, I have to be reminded that it is just entertainment. I'm the perfect fan. I set the TIVO. I clear the calendar, pop the corn or scoop the bowl of ice-cream and sit like the perfect couch potato, waiting, ready to be entertained.

My family fully supports me on this. They know, it's Mom's show or nothing, so, they join me. We have spent many seasons strategizing with the SURVIVORS, completely educating ourselves with Bear's survival tips in "Man vs. Wild." You just never know when you could fall out of a plane somewhere over the Australian outback, you need to be prepared. We have marveled at the beauty of "Planet Earth" with all its beetles and oceanic life. We have cheered for our "Iron Chefs" and even had mock competitions at YM/YW in their honor.

Here are my current fav's:
1. Burn Notice - USA channel. Premiered this summer. Daren found it. We never missed an episode. The season begins and ends in summer. I highly recommend it to avoid the endless reruns on the other networks, or to avoid more episodes of Hannah Montana.

2. The Office - Season 1 and 2 - classic. Season 3 - a little raunchy. Season 4 opener seems like they are getting back to the old format. Yeah!

3. LOST - Collin got Season 1 for Christmas last year and it was a big part of vacation. We bought season 2 and caught up with Season 3 to watch the finale with the rest of America. Loved it! But I don't know if I could've hung in there for three years.

I'm done with:
American Idol, Survivor, Reality TV and competition shows.
CSI
House

I do have to draw the line somewhere. TV shows are tiered. Drama/Comedy/News. Hey, life is a series of priorities, right? Have to/Must do/Should do, or is that Needs/Wants?
I don't know . . .Here's to another fall line-up! Set your DVR's . . .GO!

3 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

Finally, we agree on a show !!! Burn Notice has joined my "cannot miss" list, too. Along with #1. The Closer w/Kyra Sedgewick and the best supporting cast on TV ! #2. Monk, my "date" for Fridays. Hysterical story of an ocd detective. Tony Shalhoub plays him to perfection. My new fav on Food Network is "Diners. Drive-ins, and Dives". Love Guy and his hair, convertible, and laugh. As he would say"This is money !"

melanie said...

I've got The Office waiting for me on the DVR for Maia's naptime today...
I can't WAIT!!
Lost is MY show though-- I'm glad you're watching so I can talk conspiracy theories with ya!

Jonah said...

This is why we can be such good friends...I love people who love TV as much as I do and don't make me feel (too) worldly!! Love you Shauna!!