
I'm on the ledge. I need my peeps to talk me down before I jump. What is that can drive me to the edge?
CRUMBS!!!!
And SOCKS and SHOES and general clutter . . .it's driving me crazy!
Am I the only one in this house that notices that we could feed an entire field of mice with all the crumbs that collect on the counter in one day? I tell my darling children, the reason there are no clean socks rolled neatly in your drawers in the morning is because they are all hiding in between couch cushions, or under the couch and kitchen table, or laying in the foyer or on the stairs, etc.
Maybe I need some sort of a wheel chart like my mother used to make when I was a kid. I'm sure a wheel chart is the answer. The concept is so perfect - simply spin the wheel at the start of each day and your obedient children anxiously hold their breath to find out what fun assignment they get to do to help improve their living conditions and contribute to the general well-being of the house.
Yeah right . . .
So last night Paige, Maddi and I went to see "The Little Mermaid" in Denver. It was a mother-daughter date. We invited two neighbors and their daughters as well. The more the merrier! What a great night. We went to Magianno's for some excellent Italian food and from the restaurant, walked the three blocks to the Ellie Caulkins Theatre. Frankly, I needed the walk to help digest my meal. It was five times the amount of food one human should consume.
Was "The Little Mermaid" great? Yes! It was fantastic. The colors and lighting were so vibrant. The costumes, stage and effects were incredible and of course, the music has been a family favorite for years. I highly recommend it.
Okay, I feel better. I need to go. I need to find my scissors and get some posterboard. There's a wheel chart within me yet.
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Talk me down . . .
Posted by Shauna at 5:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
The socks drive me crazy! Although clutter in general does, maybe THAT's why I'm nuts all the time??
I've got the crumbs too, man. Amen sistah. Good plug for Little Mermaid too, I'm going to NYC in Oct. I'll have to add that to my agenda. Great blog by the way!
shoot, it won't be there yet.
I remember the wheel, but I sure don't remember that anxious breath part ! Do you remember the U-2 basket ? (U-2 was an American spy plane which got caught flying below the radar over Russia picking up data) In our house the short straw drew the basket (as in laundry basket) and he/she circled the main floor picking up all kinds of forgotten items. Pick-up was the key ... careful pick-up was not required so shoes might land on top of homework, etc. Then the basket was placed in front of the bathroom door for claim. If it wasn't claimed b/4 the next night's U-2 I owned it ! And I auctioned the things back for chores. Worked really well for about a week and then back to ranting and raving ! Someone ought to write a book ... "A Hundred and One Ways ..."
)
breathe, sista...BREATHE!!! Ha Ha! The little Mermaid sounded like fun! That has always been my favorite Disney flick! :)
I think you're mom's on to something...Auctioning back their stuff for jobs...what a creative lady!!
What's even worse than crumbs on the counter is crunching them underneath bare feet on a wood floor!! AAGH! It's like nails on a chalkboard, I swear!!
I made darling chore charts for my girls, and now they hang as decorative pieces of artwork reminding me of all the time that went into something that was supposed to save me so much more time and teach them valuable life skills...what happened?!?
At least one of yours is hatched and will soon be wiping up his OWN crumbs (hopefully) all by himself. One less set of crumbs?
Love ya!
Suzy
I got a dog to take care of all those crumbs...but now who is going to take car of the dog hair?? "There's a hole in my bucket.."!
Amy
I've thought about doing a study on the actual non-amount of time my kitchen floor stays clean, which furthers my belief that cleaning it is acutally not logical, since of course it will be "crummy" in moments after the clean.
Post a Comment