
At last! I thought it would never get here, but it has. Today is MY day. The house is empty - not another soul in it - unless you count my dog's soul. But unlike my kids, my dog's soul requires very little of me. He is content to lie on the floor by my computer chair and not ask for a single solitary thing. He does not complain to me that it's about time he went for a walk outside and breathed in some air that is not run through a condenser first to make it cold. He does not even complain that it's 2:00 p.m. and has still not been fed his first meal. Nope, he just lays there, content to have me simply in the room. I love dogs.
Daren is gone to North Carolina for training all week; Collin is shopping; Andrew, Paige and Maddi are all learning their little hearts out at school. This is the third week of school, but for some reason, I have hardly had a day to myself in that time. Between french kids, general stuff that keeps us busy, teacher aid, appointments, and sickness (yes, already!) somebody has been in this house invading my precious moments of sanity.
But not today. Today I can hear the hum of the refrigerator, the weed wacker across the street, and it's bliss.
In two hours, it will end and they will all come crashing in the door and take my peace and quiet away from me; asking me things like, when are you gonna go shopping and get some food in this house? And, did I go and get the composition notebook they needed? And, what's for dinner? When are we eating . . . I'm starving.
I will answer them. I will tell them I plan on shopping tomorrow for food and no, I did not go to Office Max today. Dinner will be in approximately two hours. Here, eat this watermelon while you wait.
I will help them with their needs today because I know in 12 hours, they will be gone . And it will be my day again . . . tomorrow!
Monday, August 27, 2007
Peace and Quiet
Posted by Shauna at 1:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I still have one week until "my day" is coming and I CAN'T WAIT! I am done being the cruise director for summer fun around here...if I have to pack another picnic lunch to take to the pool I'm gonna snap! This week we've resorted to lots of TV and game cube - Mom's reading a book in her comfy chair and finding her "happy place!" :)
Amy
Yay for peace and quiet!!!
I think you should write your answers down on a piece of paper and wear it like a necklace. Then when they ask you, just point to the paper.
:)
Oh my gosh, and whoever says staying at home is lazy has got to be crazy!!! One would think the older the kids get the easier but I'm always amazed at how much harder it gets.
I am loving my quiet house each day I come home from the bus and just smile!
I'm with you on the peace and quiet. But the day goes by so quickly! Are you not working at the sports place anymore?
Post a Comment