It is December and it is officially winter here in Colorado. It has been snowing off and on since Friday night. Sunday it snowed a lot and we actually got church partially cancelled due to some non-functioning boilers in the building. With the heat not working and the snow really coming down during our Sacrament meeting, the Bishop thought it was too cold to maintain the remainder of our meetings. And I for one fully supported him on that decision!
So, with a free pass from church, we came home and enjoyed the beautiful white blanket being laid over our little neck of the woods. It was so nice and relaxing. We played games, we ate the last of the pumpkin pie, we listened to Christmas carols. It was wonderful!
I thought the snowman Maddi made yesterday was pretty clever . . .
6 comments:
Free pass from church?? Nice! Sounds like a great day.
We, too, had snow, but not as much as the hysteric weathermen had forecast !
I need a little guard snowman on duty ! Very cute, Miss Maddi !
That hat looks like the bowl you had your "leftover gumbo" in!
What fun...and such a nice, relaxing Sunday you had! I always think that must be what the rest of the world does on Sunday - tempting every now & then for sure!
howdie ho there sarge! :)
A snow day from Church is possibly even better than a snow day from school, because they're so rare!! We got one last year compared to our 5 from school.
Hey Shauna,
We found you! It's great to hear where the past year has taken you. What a great bunch. Here in Happy Valley, I'm scrambling to take a final in 2 days----MATH 110!!!!!
Post a Comment