Poor Maddi. Being sick is not fun, especially when you've got acute viral nasopharyngitis. Her head hurts, her nose is running, her throat is sore, she is tired and she has just not been her chipper little self since the nasopharyngitis set in on Sunday. Sure, some people call it the common cold, but then it doesn't seem to garner sympathy or special treatment.
So here's what we are doing in between Kleenex gathering and sneezing . . .
When I can't stand Bob's voice anymore, she colors him.
She drinks fluids. I make a gigantic mess of the house while Christmas music is playing.
She sniffles and coughs. I finally finish the formal tree.
We build cool stuff with Dominoes.
Like pretend Mayan temples.
I wish I could say we're having a ball around here. Two of Daren's siblings arrive tomorrow night for a ski weekend. Acute viral nasopharygnitis has less than 24 hours to stick around. Here's to hoping!
5 comments:
What a good mom you are! Alec was sick a month ago with strep and he watched so much TV that he didn't even realize that he was watching the same episode of the same looped Nick shows 3 times a day. They just keep recycling all day long, over & over & over.
Mayan temples look much more fun!
Well at least you had a little company with you as you decorated! Sometimes it's nice to have them home all day, but after a few days I'm sure you're ready for them to be better and back at school!! HOpe you have a fun ski weekend!!
Unfortunately, getting sick seems to be a holiday tradition, too. Domino towers at your house look familiar =) Take your vitamins.
Hope she's feeling better and you're off enjoying the snow!
Hope has the same stuff, and it's a bummer!!
Post a Comment