BRRRRRRRR . . . Is it cold here. Not just cold but frigid; which Webster's says means very cold in temperature. It is so cold that the pipes to my washing machine are frozen. Darn, I can't do laundry.
But because of news like this, I don't know when I am going to get my laundry caught up.
We had a fun weekend with a lot of Pierson family. Every December, Daren's sister Debby, her husband Wayne and sometimes their grown kids come out to Colorado to ski in December. If we're lucky, Daren's brother Don and his wife Mary and their son Jesse come up from Arizona as well.
It's a blast and a tradition we have come to love. We skied Copper Mountain again and despite the wind and cold chair rides to the top it was a lot of fun.
Maddi and I stuck together this time and we hardly saw Andrew, Paige and Daren, so pictures are limited.
Thanks for coming Debby, Wayne, Justin, Linsey, Donnie, Mary, and Jesse!!!
(Justin, Maddi, Linsey, Debby, Wayne)
So with temps in the teens today even with a beautiful sunny Colorado day, I think I am stuck with socks on my feet all day and two layers of clothes. With a blanket and my book, I think I'll manage just fine.
What's the weather like in your neck of the woods today?
3 comments:
We actually had a thaw overnight (up to 50 degrees!!) and we woke up to a snow-free yard. Everything was melted, except for Mr. Snowman. So, since we didn't get to rake in Nov., Jeff and I "ice-raked" for 2 1/2 hours! We named it that because all of the leaves were frozen together and to the ground. It was hard work, but I'm glad we had the chance to do it.
It's already started to get cold again, mid 20's, and will start snowing again within the next couple of days.
Amy ! do we even live 25 miles apart ? We had very little thaw, and have piles of the beautiful Michigan "Grey" snow all about !
To Maddi : My darling, do not smile when you have braces ! They will freeze your teeth ! (Just Kidding !)
Brrr!! That IS cold!
It's chilly here too, high of 55 and rain. It's been gray and gloomy too, so I finally turned the heater on and we're all wearing our sweaters (it's about time)!
and cue Christmas!
Post a Comment