On the eve of 2008, I often like to reflect upon all the wondrous blessings of the year and, ahem . . WHAT?????
Here's a year in review of Daren and Shauna Pierson, for any interested. (Thanks Melanie and Jeff for the good idea!)
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Shauna: Ran a marathon!!
Daren: Not buy anything electronic or toys.
Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Shauna: I love to make resolutions, mostly because I love to cross things off lists. Wierd, I know, nonetheless, I make them and I keep them so I can cross them off!
Daren: Yes and No. Because I didn't set any, I didn't break any!
Did anyone close to you give birth?
Both: Shauna's sister Erin gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Cole Joshua!
Did anyone close to you die?
Both: Nobody close to the family, but we do miss Gordon B. Hinckley and Joseph B. Wirthlin.
What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Shauna: to be more patient with my family and to have success in my new business.
Daren: The Wii and Rock Band
What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Both: July 23, 2008. The day Collin officially became Elder Pierson and we dropped him off at the MTC. I will NEVER forget the size of his eyes as we left, sort of like "deer in headlights."
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Shauna: The hard work of preparing for a marathon.
Daren: Closing some pretty big deals at work. (I might add that he took the relationships from non-existent/anti-EMC to a sale. Daren is an awesome salesman!)
What was your biggest failure?
Shauna: Not keep in better touch with old friends.
Daren: Taking the job at Blackboard, inc.
What was the best thing you bought?
Shauna: My French classes which bring me closer and closer to my goal of a college degree!
Daren: Tickets to see Coldplay.
Whose behavior merited celebration?
Both: Elder Pierson for making the decision to serve a mission!
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Shauna: A tie between any corporate CEO that took a golden parachute at the expense of the American economy and Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.
Daren: Lori Tobin - Teletech's purchasing agent who loves to make Daren's job difficult.
Where did most of your money go?
Both: Groceries
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Both: Anytime we got to spend time with extended family.
What song will always remind you of 2008?
Shauna: We Intertwined by The Hush Sound
Daren: Baby it's cold outside, by Zooey Deschanel
What do you wish you'd done more of?
Both: camping
What do you wish you'd done less of?
Shauna: Food Network
Daren: Stress about work
How did you spend Christmas?
Both: Christmas Eve with good friends and Christmas Day with those we love, our family. This year we strayed from tradition to go skiing and instead went to the movies and saw, "Bedtime Stories." And best of all, we enjoyed our second phone call from Elder Pierson.
What was your favorite TV program?
Shauna: LOST and The Office Daren: The Office
What was the best book you read this year?
Shauna: Hard to choose - either "Pope Joan" or "The Historian."
Daren: "Golf's Sacred Journey - Links of Utopia" and "The Mindset of a Champion."
What was your greatest musical discovery?
Shauna: The Hush Sound
Daren: Pierce Brosnan can NOT sing and should not have gotten a part in Mamma Mia!
What did you want and get?
Shauna: A's in French
Daren: A job at EMC
What was your favorite film of this year?
Shauna: I did not see any movies this year that were that impressive to make my favorite list, but I still have not seen Australia, Benjamin Button or Valkyrie, so stay tuned!
Daren: Iron Man
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Shauna: Ate duck with fois grois at a lovely french bistro and turned 42.
Daren: Ate at home. Shauna made Chicken Tikki Masala with naan and an awesome chocolate cake and I turned 44.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Shauna: I :heart: Banana Republic
Daren: Business attire
What kept you sane?
Shauna: Bubblebaths, reading and lots of exercise.
Daren: Prayer and Shauna
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Shauna: Mitt Romney and Giada DeLaurentis because I love her recipes.
Daren: I don't "fancy" public figures.
Who did you miss?
Both: Collin
Who was the best new person (people) you met?
Shauna: Tim and Vilma - they have been in my last two French classes and at sixty-something show me that life is made for learning! They take french because they want to learn a language before they travel in the country. Tim had a stroke this fall and still finished the semester!
Daren: Joel Stanley at Raytheon (business contact)
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Shauna: Goals make life meaningful and have purpose.
Daren: Faith and patience.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Happy New Year!
Posted by Shauna at 1:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Shauna! that was a cool list of questions. I think I'll have to do that one with Ken too. The holidays seemed to over take me and now I find myself catching up on blog posts, enjoying it of course. Here's to a new year and more running right! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment