I have been wondering why is it that the more time I have, the less I want to do?
Since I have started vacation, I am finding my usual productive self slipping into some freakish lethargic mass.
Since Dec. 21, everyday has been vacation.
A vacation from usual bedtimes. A vacation from morning showers. A vacation from normal routines, from normal limits on television viewing, from dishes, cooking and bed making.
I can't tell if I am in a state of bliss or disgust with myself. I have watched more movies in the last 48 hours than I usually watch in the course of a month. I also watched more "Little People, Big World" yesterday than I care to admit.
Outside of watching movies, television and creating my new Facebook page, here are some high points of Christmas Vacation 2008.
Act I.
Christmas Eve day - had a cool telepresence meeting with Day family from AZ, CO, UT and MI.
The left screen shows my brother Jeff in MI and on the right screen is my sister Melanie and her son Gage in AZ.
My sister in law, Amy is below on that picture piping in from her home computer in MI
Below is my Dad in MI and some various cousins and my sister Erin in MI.

Act II.
We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Eve at the Nicholas's home and also with our friends the Hart's.
Andrew with Mikayla Hart and Jodi Nicholas
And, presenting the cast of "The Nativity, 2008"
After our fun dinner with friends, we came home and opened the traditional pajamas from Grandma Day and went to bed.
Act III.
Christmas Morning - gifts are opened. Clothes fit, toys worked and everybody was happy.
Act IV.
The movie:

Act V.
The phone call from the missionary. No pictures, but trust me, there were a lot of smiles!

3 comments:
Man, do Jeff and I look alike in that first pic or what?
I'm glad you guys had a wonderful holiday, I wish I could've heard Collin's cute giggle!!
:)
We are awaiting the report from Elder P. in the mission field. (It used to crack me up how Utahns and Idahoans would say that ... as if they were not in the mission field themselves !)
I guess Maddi was "purty" happy with Andrew's gift !
ROFL! We, too, have become filthy sloths this vacation...I feel like we are just laying around & eating enough carbs to get us through the winter! Ugh! Here's to greasy hair and lots of movies!!!
Post a Comment