This is a line I use frequently with my family and it's one of my favorites.
Why do I have to go to bed so early?
Why do I have to eat this?
and yesterday's question - why do we have to go hiking?
It was a beautiful day. It got into the sixties and for January, that is pretty great. The sun was shining and we were all in need of some recreation. So, off we went to Morrison, CO for a good day hike at Red Rocks. This is a beautiful spot about fifteen minutes west of us. It has an amphitheater there that has hosted some of my favorites - John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Sheryl Crow, etc. There are also quite a few hiking trails. We took a five-miler and had a great day.
I was so proud of Maddi. Most of the hike was uphill and she trudged along like a real trooper. NO COMLAINING, NO WHINING, NO CRYING!!
The Babes
The Boys
"Yes my young grasshopper, you are becoming a great jedi, um I mean karate kid, um I mean . . .
Notice the short sleeves!
Everybody "pretending" to be bored with me. A. because I made them hike (because it's good for them! and B. Because I am constantly making them stop for pictures!
Isn't this beautiful?
Family - isn't it about TIME?
5 comments:
Catchy phrase ... maybe you ought to send it in to Mormon-ad ! ;o)
Are these the same mts where we saw coyotes and wolves running in the back-ground ?
So cute. Love the picture of you and Daren. You both look great.
Omigosh ... (completely unrelated to the post!) you need to go on Pioneer Woman Cooks ! She has stolen your Black-Eyed Peas Salsa ! Remember when you made Black-Eyed Peas Salsa for Andrew's Cub Scout Banquet in Chelsea ? And Dad said : "What the heck is that funny taste in Shauna's Salsa ?" and it was cilantro ! He still calls cilantro "that funny tasting herb in Shauna's salsa".
Hey, these are the memories with which my mind is troubled ! To forget or not forget ... there lies the ?
Look at you in short sleeves! Looks beautiful, that's for sure. We could get our hike on together if we lived closer. I like it more than my family as well.
Good for you!--Way to drag the family out. I was wondering how there could be wild fires near Denver in Jan. Beautiful weather like that will do it. We're still under a foot of snow.
Post a Comment