Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Half-way out the door

We leave in two days for our family hiatus back to Michigan. We are all very excited. I was caught up with the laundry on Tuesday. Nobody is allowed to wear anymore clean clothes until we leave.

Oh, and nobody is allowed to eat here either. There is no food here at our house and I keep thinking, we are only here XX days, we will just limp along until we get home. It's been this way since Friday. I believe I am ready for vacation.

I drove to Girls Camp yesterday. A five hour round trip. It was a beautiful drive, but way too long and way too expensive.

Today, I helped out at Vacation Bible School where Maddi is going with a friend from school, and I got my hair-cut.

Tomorrow I go to the podiatrist to hear the results of my MRI. I don't need him to tell me I am not doing the triathalon on Saturday, but I do want to find out what all is entailed in this recovery thing. It's starting to get annoying.

I also have to get the car tuned up and oil changed for our drive across America.

And go to the grocery store and spend a week's worth of grocery money on snacks for the road trip.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll eat a proper dinner before we leave.

5 comments:

melanie said...

Have a great time!!! I'm sad I won't be there to join in the family fun-- take lots of pictures so I can be jealous!

Be safe!

Paul and Linda said...

The Pierson's are coming ! The Pierson's are coming !

Break out the band ! Order up the Weather ! Get to Costco ASAP !

Suzy said...

I can't wait! Drive safe!

Erin said...

hope you've got the Carpenters greatest hits CD ready(Why do birds suddenly appear...everytime you are near)...a drive across country just is not complete w/out it! :)

Heather said...

Makes perfect sense to me, no using clean clothes and no eating ANY food. No messes period...until you get back from the trip.