Thursday, June 19, 2008

Captain Disappointment


So, the triathalon I've been training for since January with Michelle is next Saturday . . .

Evidentally, my plantar plate has decided it has had enough.

This stupid little ligament behind my toes has all the power and I'm ticked! And when I'm not ticked, I'm near to tears. I vacillate between both emotions on a dime.

I am trying to be a good patient. I am wearing the boot. I haven't done anything since last Friday. I will continue to wait and be obedient until next Thursday when I get the result of my MRI, but I am losing hope. My foot feels better since I started taking steroids to reduce the swelling, but it still hurts and I am not feeling confident in my ability to pull this off next weekend. And that makes me sad again.


I know I'm smiling in the pictures. It is my Captain Morgan imitation. I could use some rum right about now . . .

5 comments:

jt said...

how bout some butter rum lifesavers, those are the best!

Sorry about your race, that stinks!

but your arms look awesome and you have pretty feet!

Suzy said...

That's what happens when you're hard core! Stuff starts breaking and you get all injured and stuff. That's really a bummer though and I'm sorry for you. I know you've worked hard. You still have a chance, but I wouldn't push it. Don't forget St. George!

Erin said...

major bUmMeR!!! Should I say you look cute in your boot or just keep my mouth shut?! :)

Love ya! :)

melanie said...

How did you not mention this in our last convo? Youch!

I'm so bummed for you...

Heather said...

That just SUCKS, sorry Shauna. Don't worry, you'll pull it off. So, your goals might change, that's all. Finishing will be the goal, not a time...finishing :)