Monday, June 23, 2008

On being gross . . .

So, Paige and I are putting together her camp stuff today. She leaves tomorrow and this is the year she goes to camp as a second year Mia-Maid and not just a Beehive. Big difference.

Here is our conversation:

Paige: There are no showers Mom.
Me: No biggie. You don't become foul until after day two.
Paige: Yeah, but my hair gets so greasy after one day.
Me: Baby powder. (I explain to her how the wonders of baby powder on the head and neck, a brush and a bobby pin can extend the life of just about any oily situation.) After day two, you add a hat and make a pony-tail.
Paige: Yeah, but I start to smell too.
Me: No biggie. And I show her how a wet-wipe and some more baby powder and extra layers of deodorant can cover just about any smell.
Paige: (Silence)
Me: I know. I disgust myself.

3 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

Baby Wipes, not wet wipes ! Between the wipes and the powder, everyone will want to kiss her fat little cheeks ! (Facial !) Now, I'm disgusting !

Suzy said...

Ah, yes, Girl's Camp funk. I remember it well. (Or not so well as the case may be.) I was a big fan of the bandana after day 2 tied around my head like a do-rag. It allowed more air flow. French braids are also good because with all that grease they stay nice for days on end. Hee hee. And one day Paige will impart these lovely tidbits of knowledge to her own 14-year old daughter and laugh just thinking about this little conversation between the two of you.

Heather said...

The joy of the baby wipes. I have never done the baby powder in the hair trick. Good one.