Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Random Thoughts

Here are some random thoughts that went through my mind as I ran this morning . . .

1. After I fell, I thought to myself, wow that hurts. I wonder how much it will bleed cause I can't turn around now. (see wound below)




2. Wow, nobody is saying anything about my bloody knee. It still hurts. I will have to be nicer to Maddi when she has these scrapes. She is not faking the pain reaction.

3. If I had to be a rabbit or a groundhog (both of which I had just passed on the trail) which one would I be? I decided on the rabbit.

4. I wonder what calling Mitt Romney has in his ward? Would he ever serve as a den leader now that he's so important? When are you ever able to be important enough to be done with cub scouts? How long do I have to save my shirt? Is keeping the shirt some sort of wierd insurance to keep me out of cub scouting? Cause I think the minute I give the shirt away, I will get called.

5. I am smelling the Murphy's oil soap on my hands from cleaning the floor this morning - can anybody else smell it when I pass them? I hope not.

6. My breathing's good today. I feel good.

7. If I could live anywhere else in the country right now where would it be? (My answer was here! How's that for personal satisfaction?)

8. I'm feeling like some lettuce wraps for lunch today. Maybe Paige and I can sneak over to Pei Wei after I shower!

I finished my run strong. My mind was clear. I kept myself entertained. My knee stung like the dickens when I washed it. Will make a point to incorporate thought number two into my nursing services.

Hope you're having a good day also!

7 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

Somehow I missed yesterday's post, so will comment first on it. Dr. Hall, of hypodermic needle fame, did have a cut-rate for fees of many. He attached Melanie's retainer to Erin's billing, so we did not have to pay for it. Of course, what is one retainer against braces and retainers for the other five ?

Now, as to the gift-giving fairy ... this receiver would count the trip visit plus no cooking for a week as gift enough !

Finally, the boo-boo knee and accompanying random thoughts ... ie. Mitt Romney. Did it ever cross your mind that when Mitt goes to play catch w/his grandsons, he does so w/Mitt's mitt ? ie#2 ...
have you ever said : "It is just a little scratch, don't be such a baby ?" ie. #3 ... every time you say : "I wish we didn't have to be here" you extend the period of time you do ! Day Out

J'Amy Day said...

Ouch! So sorry!

Jeff has been getting injuries like that from playing softball on Thursday nights with some guys from our ward. His was self-inflicted, though, because he slid into home w/shorts on, but he "took one for the team!" Actually, two, because he did the same dang thing the next week.

J'Amy Day said...

One more thing...I noticed your mileage chart and you are doing great! Here's a random thought - I think I'll chart my mileage on the elliptical machine at the gym. I swear I could go for hours on that thing. Does it count if you do a marathon on that while watching fox news and "The View" simultaneously?? Just a thought.

Paige Pierson said...

yuck, I saw that when you came in, but what's with the groundhog and the rabbit? ha ha, i think i'd choose the rabbit, too

Suzy said...

I can always smell stuff on my hands for hours...bleach smell is the worst, but followed closely by stinky dishrag smell.

Also...lettuce wraps at Pei Wei sound awesome right now!! did you see Mom's recipe for them?

Sorry 'bout your boo-boo.

J'Amy Day said...

Battle wounds! You are a real trooper now! Great job on the running. Keep it up!

jd

Jonah said...

This is what I miss about you most!

I have often wondered what calling Mitt has...the Primary always needs people...