Thursday, July 10, 2008

Livin' in vacation time

We got home last Monday from a week-long family vacation to Michigan. It's been a long time since we had been back - five years to be exact. I realized after this trip that I didn't miss that long cross-country journey. Spending 19 hours in a car is not that much fun, but we did love being with the fam. We had a great trip and got to do lots of fun stuff . . .

On Monday, we played a killer kickball game with the Days. I would insert some of the pictures here, but I cannot get the pictures transfered over to my computer from Daren's laptop.

On Tuesday we went here (Make sure and check out the point of view, a.k.a. "POV" of the "Dragster" and the "Millenium Force" where I thought for sure my husband and children would die before exiting.)

When Daren and I got to Cedar Point we both confessed to each other that we were more excited about eating funnel cakes and cotton candy than riding the roller coasters . . .(AGE)

We skiied and played on the lake Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at my sister-in-law's house and I got a nice start on mellowing the glow that comes from my white body.

We also had the wonderful opportunity to take Collin through the Detroit Temple with family on Thursday. What a glimpse into heaven it is to be in the temple with family.


Paige and Andrew also got their patriarchal blessings on Thursday.


On our way out of town, and back to Colorado, we drove through our old stompin grounds and back through Chelsea.

and by our old house. Yup, we used to live in the middle of acres of corn fields . . .

and said hello to the farmer who lived by us . . .

It was a great visit!

4 comments:

Erin said...

awwww, I miss that house in Chelsea! I'll bet it was bitter sweet to drive down memory lane!

It was so awesome to have you guys here! Your clan always makes things so fun! :) Love ya! ;)

Paul and Linda said...

Love the Chelsea clock and the Jiffy silo !

Fun having you here, too !

Paul and Linda said...

Love the Chelsea clock and the Jiffy silo !

Fun having you here, too !

J'Amy Day said...

Weeeeeeee missssssss youuuuuuuuu!!!!