Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Movie Speak

You know you watch too many movies when your family can talk to each other in "movie speak." Movie speak includes lines from movies, television, commercials and YOUTube videos.

This morning, I drove Collin to work and as we were leaving, I told him he didn't have to take "that thing" (skateboard) today. With a big smile on his face, he says back to me with an English accent, "it's called a lance, HELLO!" And it only took me one second to know what he meant, do you? (Movie speak guess #1)

Can you speak movie speak?

And, in bigger news, Andrew won the dance competition last night at BYU-Provo EFY session #5. " (He) might even be a rock star." (Movie speak guess #2) Can you guess it? Can ya? Can you guess (have) it? Can you guess it? (Movie speak guess #3)

7 comments:

Erin said...

I must not watch enough movies cuz I have no guesses for you...but to Andrew (on being a rockstar) "just follow your heart...that's what I do"

can you guess it??!

J'Amy Day said...

I'm stumped. For Andrew, all I can guess is a Hannah Montana song called "rockstar". Ugh. I need to watch more movies :)!

Paul and Linda said...

I am totally stumped by all three, but support the guesses on Hannah Montana for #2.
The only quotes I know are from old movies as in OLD movies. Try these :
1. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
2. "Play it again, Sam." or
3. " You can't handle the truth !"

melanie said...

I'm stumped too. Jeff would be good at this, I'll have him look later!

All I can think of for #3 is that MadTV skit... Can I have yo' numba? Can I have it? Can I? Can I have it?

Mark Brown said...

The first one is A Knight's Tale with the late Heath Ledger. The others have me stumped.

Shauna said...

#1 - A Knight's Tale
#2 - Hannah Montana
#3 - TThe following YOUTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m75g_A731q0
WARNING: This has bad words in it. Viewer beware!

Karie said...

you guys are so funny!!!!