So, this month is my mother's birthday and Daren's mother's birthday; June 7th and 6th respectively and I have been out and about trying to find the perfect gift. I love buying gifts for people I know and love. I usually try to listen closely all year long to pick up on something that they wish for. Better yet, I love to get the gift that they want, but wouldn't buy for themselves. I do not claim to be a fabulous or extravagant gift giver, but I have been known to give some gifts that have been well received. This makes me happy and I feel fulfilled and go to bed at night knowing I am like a little fairy wish giver granting wishes, fulfilling dreams and making people happy.
The problem with my little fairy self is that I have a hard time staying on budget. What's good enough for you is probably good enough for me. For example, the pasta bowl I considered giving my mother in law for her birthday, is actually staying at my house now because it would be too fragile to ship. The birthday gift I found for my sister Erin yesterday is so adorable, don't be surprised if you see the exact same thing at my house. Last fall, the gift I gave my sister Melanie, initially, I bought one for her and one for me. (granted, I didn't keep it, but I did buy it. The mere act of purchase confirms my issue.) I was in Michigan the week before Mother's Day and took my mother out for lunch - does eating the same food count in this little confession?
So, that's me - the little fairy gifter sprinkling happy dust all over the place, including myself.
Amy, I know your birthday is June 14th. I hope you like what I got for you - I know I do!
BTW, Maddi got braces - the last of four. Why couldn't we have had ONE orthodontist in the family?
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Gift giving: charity and good will
Posted by Shauna at 11:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Don't you wish the little "bill paying fairy" would sprinkle some happiness your way and pay for those stinkin' braces?? They should have a policy like - buy 3, get the 4th kid free...
Madi looks adorable in them!
I think that's a great idea, Amy! :)
She is adorable with her new grill!
You are so good at picking out thoughtful gifts that everyone loves (even you!) We all don't have the same haircut for nothing!
The fact that you even remember birthdays (let alone strategize thoughtful gifts) is light years ahead of where I'm at with them. They are definitely appreciated simply knowing how much time and effort goes into them, let alone that other pesky price thing.
Also, Maddi looks so tweeny with her shiny mouth now...can't believe how much she's grown up this year.
good for you!! :) I usually just say...I saw the cutest thing the other day that made me think of you....
Ha Ha! :)
Post a Comment