Friday, March 21, 2008

I want a do-over


It is Friday. The last day of all breaks in the Spring. Yours, mine and ours.

I know you feel my pain as many of you are also finishing up or have finished your Spring Break as well. My spring break ended Monday and my older children's break ends this weekend, and to this end I scream, I want a do-over! I don't want to be done yet!

I thought it would be nice to just relax and read a book over my break, now I wish I had gone somewhere. I think no matter which option I had taken, I would feel as I do now. Cheated, ripped-off and generally unhappy to have my proverbial nose back to the grind stone.

Yesterday, was not a very good day. I went to class, got my mid-term back to find a very average grade despite my efforts to study - (bleh!) Then I came home to listen to my children selfishly defend the last of their spring break free time. I was so annoyed with them yesterday, but I realize now my mood was more due to my test, because only a mom would think that spring break would be the perfect time to be productive on other projects!

So, I did what any woman would've done when annoyed, upset and irritated - I went shopping.

Easter dresses for the girls - check! Easter baskets - check! Chocolate - check!

Better mood - check!

Better attitude - check!

Calendar countdown to summer - check!

4 comments:

J'Amy Day said...

Our spring break comes in two sections: Today and Monday, for Easter. And then we get the 3rd week of April off for our official "spring break". It's a good thing too, because it is 25 degrees hear today and windy. It's so freakin' cold!

Maybe the school district figured we'd have crappy weather and decided to give us a do-over in April...I'll be shopping today for easter dresses with a parka to match:).

J'Amy Day said...

Okay - one more thing to add - it's now snowing!!!! UGH!!!!!

Paul and Linda said...

The Schultz's are getting in their car on Monday a.m. and driving south until it is warm. Dad said SW has flts to Orlando for 84$ ea. way. There are 4" of new snow on the ground. There is no such thing as "spring", much less a "break" ! And there is no Bunny, either ! There I've said it !

Karie said...

I always think I'm the only one who feels that way.... so it's nice to know I'm not the only one who didn't plan anything and then wanted a "do-over". On to plans for summer!