Saturday, August 16, 2008

I was RUNNING!





Posted by Daren:

OK, I know this isn't my blog but I can't help but post these pics and make some comments.

Shauna is awesome! She is scheduled for an 18 mile run today. She wakes up at 6:30am (on a Saturday) and looks out the window and it is absolutely pouring rain! She gets her running clothes on and realizes they aren't going to work in this rain. She goes back to her closet finds some items that will have minimal impact on her run when they get wet. Not wet...soaked!

She finally figures it out and goes downstairs. I come down stairs to have some lucky charms and wish her well. That's when I see Forrest Gump in my house. But wait, it's not Forrest, it's Shauna! In a green Poncho!

I have to get a picture of this. More importantly...I have to give Shauna credit for her dedication in training for the marathon.

Shauna, you do Rock!

Love you,
Daren

5 comments:

melanie said...

lol!! Now that's dedication!

Erin said...

awesome, AWESOME pics!! Way to go, Forr...Shauna!! :) You rock that poncho, girl...it brings out your eyes! :)

J'Amy Day said...

Great pictures! I can't stop laughing! Ditto Daren...you rock! And you babysit, too, and weed your neighbors garden...loved the last 2 posts!

Suzy said...

Is there anything she doesn't do?!?!? I can't believe you're pounding out 18-milers now. Did you watch the women's marathon on the olympics? the lady who took the gold was running 5:30's like the whole way. I was exhausted just watching her. you're doing awesome...keep up the great work!!

Paul and Linda said...

If you had purchased that slicker in yellow, you could have doubled as a school crossing guard !!! ;o)