Monday, May 12, 2008

Welcome Home; Vacation's over.

Having seven days to myself was absolute heaven.

I went back to visit my family and attend the blessing of my new nephew. What a great trip. The fact that the blessing was so close to Mother's Day was purely coincidental but all I needed to milk an excuse for a longer visit.

What a great time I had. My Mom was worried I was getting bored. I told her I was only interested in napping, reading and eating this trip and she complied nicely.
This is the blessed babe part - Introducing, Cole Joshua . . .

This is part of the eating part . . .

This is some of the reading part . . .

This is the funny part - where my three sisters, my sister-in-law and I all notice we each have the same stacked haircut!


Yesterday, Sunday was the last day in the self-indulgent Mother's Day tour I just took.
That's it. Time's up.
Hope you liked it.
You're done.

(ha-ha!)
On a side note:
I found out why Collin's call has been so delayed. Nine days ago, Church Headquarters emailed our stake president asking him to resubmit the insurance information due to some error. Our president faxed it to Church headquarters last Thursday.
It really should be here this week.
It better be. I am plum wore out of patience.
I'm worse than a little kid waiting for a birthday.

Gotta go - it's time to change the laundry load and head to the grocery store to restock!
Welcome Home; Vacation's Over!

3 comments:

Suzy said...

This is bittersweet. I'm glad you're back home with your family, but it was so nice to have you all to ourselves for a whole week! We miss you already! So glad you could come!!

Erin said...

ditto, ditto, DITTO!! So fun to have you....so fun for your fam to have you home! Someone get the girl to Costco...QUICK!!!! :)

Can't wait to hear about Collin's call! We're on pins and needles....

J'Amy Day said...

We miss you, too. Alec said to me last night when I was tucking him in bed, "That was fun this week with Aunt Shauna here...she's funny."

Call us with "the call!"