
Last night for FHE, our family had a little quiz for fun. I will post answers tomorrow. Or if you can't wait, you can figure out the answers from the May issue of the Friend magazine. There is an article with brief biographies of each member of the First presidency.
We finished off the whole learning experience with an idea I got from a friend - she buys each child their own issue of the Conference Ensign and they each take turns discussing. Our first discussion will be from one of the First Presidency.
Poor Maddi. Maybe we'll make playdough sculptures afterwards of the prophet.
Anyway . . .
First Presidency Quiz
1. Match the First Presidency member to the correct armed service branch they served in:
(You can choose the same answer more than once if needed)
a. Navy
b. Air Force
c. Army
2. President Monson was called to be a bishop at age:
a. 26 b. 32 c. 55 d. 22 e. 29
3. Who had an internationally known scientist for their father?
a. Monson b. Eyring c. Uchtdorf
4. President Uchtdorf was born in:
a. Germany b. Czechoslovakia c. France d. Austria
5. Because of war, each apostle was not able to serve full-time missions
True False
6. Which apostle overcame a serious lung disease as a boy because of riding a heavy-
duty bicycle pulling a laundry cart before and after school?
a. Monson b. Eyring c. Uchtdorf
7. Which apostle is known for their incredible memory – rarely forgetting a person once meeting them?
a. Monson b. Eyring c. Uchtdorf
8. Which apostle’s family joined the Church when he was just six years old?
a. Monson b. Eyring c. Uchtdorf
9. Which apostle worked as an airline pilot for thirty years?
a. Monson b. Eyring c. Uchtdorf
10. Before his ordination into apostleship, President Monson worked professionally:
a. as a railroad engineer b. in the printing business c. a banker d. at Z.C.M.I (retail business)
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Quiz, anyone?
Posted by Shauna at 12:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I must have missed this in the Friend! Can't wait to do this with my kids...thanks.
What a great idea. I was tickled at your post with the picturs of you and your sisters/sisters in law with the same hair cut! I would totally try that cut if I had the face for it. Kris and Sharee have the same thing and they look fabulous!
Post a Comment