Wednesday, April 9, 2008

YAWN . . .

It has been an exhausting three days.

School, family, responsibilities, etc. etc. Today I had Foreign Language Day at the school and made crepes for the French booth. My teacher, who is also the department chair, really wants her students to have as much exposure as we can to cultural opportunities. Each semester, in addition to the hours of homework we GET to do, we have to do a community service project that acquaints us with french speaking organizations and how they utilize the language. Last semester, I helped a refugee family from Rwanda who moved here 9 months prior. This time I made crepes. Making crepes is much easier than finding people who will donate a couch or clothing.

Other students in my class went to hear a French foreign dignitary come and speak. Me? I made crepes to starving community college students who didn't care what I said. They got out of class and saw a bunch of booths with free food. I took my camera to the event. It was forgotten, again. Probably because I was so busy helping the starving students learn how to say "merci" after they snatch their nutella filled crepe.

I am supposed to be writing my presentation right now for my class in the morning. I'm afraid I just can't think anymore.

My sister and brother-in-law are going to arrive in about half an hour (around midnight) for the weekend. We are going skiing. This is the last weekend of the season. It was supposed to include various Pierson family members, but no one else could catch last minute flights. I'm sure it has something to do with the stuff I've been hearing about on the news - planes flying without inspections. Debby and Wayne almost bagged their flight tonight due to the delays. I hate to see fun plans deterred, but I for one am glad to see the inspections moving forward. It makes me nervous enough to fly. I would hate to have my fears realized when I am 38,000 feet in the air.

How do those greedy people sleep at night?

I'm a little disgusted at the present time with society and our insatiable greed. I could prepare a pretty lengthy speech about it, but lucky for you I'm too tired at the moment. Cause if I my eyes weren't already drooping and burning and I had the time, I'd go on and on about the mortgage crisis and the FAA and the oil and gas industry. But not tonight. It's very late. I must tuck my soapbox back under my bed before I crawl in.

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Yummy...nutella filled crepes. I wish I had been on campus that day.

I hear ya on the soapbox thing. I'd listen and add my two cents on the gasoline and oil industry. I don't know how I'm going to afford driving to my job every day if the prices get much higher. Something is seriously wrong with that picture.

Perfumes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
melanie said...

Don't click on the perfumes link.
It is likely a virus. Shauna you may want to enable the encryption feature to keep spammers off your site.