
The 178th Semi-annual weekend has come and gone and I for one am enriched and uplifted.
I love Conference. I love hearing the talks, listening to the music, and seeing the beautiful SLC Temple Square landscape. Of course the bonus of sleeping in and watching church on T.V. isn't too bad either.
Our family has a tradition on Sunday morning of making a big breakfast before settling in. We make homemade waffles and have various syrups and fresh fruit with whipped cream to top it all off. We make sausage, eggs and bacon. Everybody rolls up their pajama sleeves and helps. It has become a favorite family tradition. This year was no exception, we had homemade blueberry alongside Mrs. Butterworth, fresh strawberries, bananas, kiwi and canteloupe, sausage and orange juice. The sugar rush lasts almost the entire morning session!
So this year, I find I can't pick a favorite talk. There were too many to list. But, I think my favorite moment was during the solemn assembly. What a powerful and unique opportunity to have each quorum sustain the prophet. In our family, we all stood at different times. It overwhelmed me as I realized my family is growing up.
I remember well the days in Chelsea watching conference in the little meetinghouse; my church bag stuffed to entertain small children for two hours. I remember a month after we moved to Texas in 99, we listened to conference on the internet. How far things have come. Now we watch and stuff our faces with waffles.
I hope your weekend was enriching and uplifting and you, like me, feel spiritually stuffed.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Spiritually stuffed
Posted by Shauna at 12:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was stuffed ! First, doesn't Pres. Uchtdorf have a striking presence at the pulpit ! Second, wasn't Pres. Monson funny ? Paul said he had alot of humor in the Phd. Mtg., too. Third, I,too, was struck by his calm and reassuring command of things. Four, my favorite talks were Pres. Uchtdorf in Sunday am ... "Faith of our Fathers" and Elder Bednar who successfully hung another guilt trip on me with "Holy Communication/Consecrated Work as it applies to missionary efforts. Five, the Choir and Bro. Wilberg's new arrangement of "Called to Serve" ! And six, Amy's new Crockpot Potatoes accompanied by KFC brought by the Brown's. :o)
I loved Elder Ballard's talk, and how President Monson joked afterward. I felt like I came to know him better after this conference as well.
Glad you were stuffed too!
Amen Sista!
Hey if you don't want to wait for a publisher to pick you up...try Blurb. That's what I'm using to publish my blog for posterity...my goal is to do it each year. Anyway, the finished product is NICE and it's a lot cheaper than some of the other ones out there...
Post a Comment