
I have been waiting to post this week so that I could muster up a way to tell you how well or how poorly I did on my first real estate exam. But then I realized that you all know that if I had done better, I probably wouldn't have waited.
So, this post is about how I failed
or is it about how I learned??
Ha-Ha!!
I am married to Mr. Pollyanna and it is his optimism that has helped me tremendously to swallow down this rather large slice of humble pie I am currently gagging on.
I took the test last Friday. There were 160 questions. It was open book. I only had to pass with a 75% to move along in the course. Obviously, the expectations weren't too high and as a result, I either overestimated my abilities or underestimated my test taking skills.
Good news is: I passed the math portion with flying colors!
Bad news is: I got a 67%.
But, as Mr. Pollyanna puts it, I was so close! He told me to realize how well I did considering the fact that three weeks ago I became acquainted with completely new terms and concepts.
Okay.
Two days later, I took the test again.
74%!
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???????
Mr. Pollyanna says, to think of this way . . . I get to practice the exam again and REALLY learn how to take these tests and in the meantime, understand the concepts even better.
So, I have learned that this is harder than it looks. I will sharpen the tool that is my mind. I will not complain. I will not panic. I will work hard and swallow this.
After all . . . I learned French, didn't I?
Thursday, March 11, 2010
The Glad Game
Posted by Shauna at 1:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You can do it! Good luck!
shoot. I'm sorry. As they say on Yo Gabba Gabba (sorry...that show is just part of my life right now)..."keep trying, keep trying, don't give up, never give up"!
So close! Did you want to punch Mr. Optimist in the face? Better luck next time!!
We should all be so fortunate as to have a Mr. Optimist in our lives to bolster our fragile ego's.
I believe we can all identify with these academic flaws in our own personal experiences. To be brutally blunt and make it sound funny is the "spice" of life.
Keep on truckin honey, the blood, sweat, and tears are worth the pride of achievement.
PD
Bummed for you about the test, but think it's great you have a Mr. Pollyana to keep ya going. Still miss you guys, as I'm jealous Chris got to come see ya.
I love Dad's sentiments, and I'll ditto Mr. PollyAnna-- YOU CAN!
Love ya, sis!
As Rob Schnieder said in "The Water Boy"..."YOU CAN DO IT!!!"
Post a Comment