Yuck!
That pretty much sums it up!
I don't want to try and remember how much money I wasted on trying this absolutely manufactured lie - "Try Greek yogurt to stave off your late afternoon munchies. It has a lower sugar content but will still satisfy your sweet craving."
I think I read that in a magazine with people who have 0% body fat and look hungry.
One bite made me gag! Lucky for me I had some candy in my purse to help take away the bad taste in my mouth!
York came to my mouth rescue. I love to eat York peppermint patties. I like to think because they taste minty fresh, there is nothing bad about them. But York is not my favorite. My new candy obsession is a Reese's peanut butter cup. I can hardly resist them when I see them, and if they are within arm's range, it's all over. The problem is that after you eat one, you know it. There is no minty after taste that lingers pleasantly on the tongue. After a Reese's peanut butter cup, your mouth is guilty. Peanut butter breath does not lie.
Last night, Daren and I went to our second class with NAMI. It is a class we attend to help us understand more about what Collin deals with. When we got there this week, there were tables with bowls of candy spaced every two chairs. Daren and I had our own bowl of snack-sized candy bars. And, my bowl had a Reese's peanut butter cup in it. It made me happy.
Of course, attending this class last night meant I had to delay watching the new LOST episode, but the conversation and the peanut butter cups made it all worth while. I am amazed that complete strangers can be bound together by similar struggles and disappointments. It sounds depressing, but it really is very helpful. You don't feel alone. I feel grateful for the support. With or without peanut butter cups, I am glad I have this in my life right now.
Here is a video of our family band with their newest release, "Mind's Raconteur." Music written and produced by Collin, who also plays lead guitar and is on vocals. Paige is on piano and also debuts her vocal talent. Andrew plays the very versatile plastic Halloween bin. It can serve massive amounts of snack size candy bars or double as "drums." Maddi is on the rice-filled milk jugs.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
My thoughts on Greek Yogurt
Posted by Shauna at 3:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
My favorite part is the bouncing ponytail while eating a licorice twist, (or maybe it was a Reese's peanut butter cup ...)
I just watched the final AI tryouts and this was way better than some of those !
seriously...take.it.on.the.road.!! Those kids are talented! I loved it! When I pressed play I was expecting a "Pierson funny" and was blown away by the catchy beat and fantastic vocals!
I am so glad that you found a class for support. That's awesome. Double bonus that they serve chocolate! Sweet.
That makes me smile. I wish I could have seen it live, especially to see Paige. Thanks for sharing.
Loved it!! We looked at each other and said, "that's really good" and we mean it...seriously, barring our bias...it's good!! Very catchy tune.
And we loved how Maddi couldn't resist shaking the jug at the end...it's like she was waiting for it the whole time. She just. had. to. shake. it!!
You guys are awesome!!
I am so glad you and Daren found something for help. I can't even begin to understand how hard it must be for parents to watch us struggle with our illness. You are the best!
I keep coming back to see if it will play for me-- I can't get it to work!! GRR!
I'm sure it's fantabulous-- just as those kids of yours are...
Here's to Reese's and talented Pierson kids!
(another reason why I know you and Jeff are related...anything peanut butter is his favorite, too)
Post a Comment