Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Multitasking

Phew, wee, did seven days just pass by? Wasn't I supposed to write a tribute to my good husband in honor of his 45th birthday?
Yeah.
And I didn't, did I . . .
Well, this post is going to show off my skills in multitasking.
I am getting to be really good at it lately.

I am wearing the new apron I won from my Mom's
"Guess who's coming to dinner contest."
I think I won because I wanted to invite the Uchtdorf's. Let's see, now that I won . . .
should I make Bratwurst and Kraut or just some simple American homecookin' . . . hmmmm . . .
Maybe I'll make some more chocolate cake to celebrate Daren's birthday.
It was good cake

Okay . . I can't lie . . . I didn't make it.
A good sister in the ward that Daren home teaches brought over this chocolately goodness.
We invited her to dinner with us.
We had some delicious steaks from the Outback Steakhouse.
Here was where I admitted I hadn't made a cake for Daren for his birthday.
It had been a really busy day and
I knew we would be eating cake after dinner.
Daren never misses dessert.
Well, I don't know if she was disgusted with my lacking wifery skills or felt sorry for the guy,
but . . .
we got a cake on Sunday.

But the thing I love about Daren is
he didn't care about there being no cake.
And for this reason, I give him this tribute

Daren
Happy Birthday
I love you
With frosting on top

Shauna



9 comments:

Jonah said...

you always amaze me!! when I grow up I want to be just like you!

Sarah said...

I love the pic of you downing the cake. I do that in real life. Not just for funny pictures.

Paul and Linda said...

May I just say I have never seen a cuter model ! Whip and all !!!

We love you, too, Daren ! A Bill Knapp's cake-worth !

Karie said...

LOL!! very cute!

How is it that you can live thousands of miles away and STILL end up with a similar hair cut as Kris and Sharee??? Super cute dew!

Suzy said...

super cute apron and super yummy looking cake...it's the thought that counts, right?

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Daren!! :)

J'Amy Day said...

I'm jealous of your cute apron but you look so cute in it! I've always envied your "wifery" skills, too. That is something that you'll never lack!

Happy Birthday to Daren, too!

Shauna said...

I love that first picture of Shauna! It makes me laugh and totally captures her mischievousness.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

Daren

melanie said...

Happy Day to You, DB!!

(with reeses pb cups on top!)