I don't know why but I haven't been a super sentimental Mom when it comes to family milestones.
For example, I love my kids, but I never refer to them as my babies.
I didn't cry when they graduated high school, moved out and went off to good, old BYU.
When they got their driver's licenses, I welcomed the help.
I don't know why this is the way it is
but it is.
But,
Maddi just turned 11.
And, I find myself somewhat reflective because I realize now, maybe for the first time, I am getting older.
My family doesn't take Cheerios to church anymore.
The trip to Disneyland we always meant to take never happened.
A small car is our main car.
Daren and I spend a lot of Friday nights alone watching Fox News
It's not sad to me.
They are not my babies
But, they are my absolute joy
and treasure.
And I love being their Mom.
Happy birthday to my caboose - a girl with a style all her own.
We took her friends to a roller skating rink for a "70's Birthday Party!"

I didn't cry when they graduated high school, moved out and went off to good, old BYU.
When they got their driver's licenses, I welcomed the help.
I don't know why this is the way it is
but it is.
But,
Maddi just turned 11.
And, I find myself somewhat reflective because I realize now, maybe for the first time, I am getting older.
My family doesn't take Cheerios to church anymore.
The trip to Disneyland we always meant to take never happened.
A small car is our main car.
Daren and I spend a lot of Friday nights alone watching Fox News
No need for a babysitter
Because we can't stay up that late anymore.It's not sad to me.
They are not my babies
But, they are my absolute joy
and treasure.
And I love being their Mom.
Happy birthday to my caboose - a girl with a style all her own.
4 comments:
You left out the hysterical part about the "Cake in the lobby" in this post !
Love those Star earrings ! They match her personality !
Happy Birthday Miss Maddi!! Is it weird that I can still see her 2 yr old self in that grown up face??
I was thinking that too, Mel. I can still see that busy little toddler running 80 mph through their old Tomball house, her feet barely touching the ground. Hmmm...reminds me of someone else we know...who apparently instead of operating at 80 mph has slowed to maybe a modest 45!! You're not that old lady, you've still got some good years on your ticker. Although your kids are so grown up, it sometimes hurts I'm sure. (For all of us.)
Happy belated bday to the grown-up and very stylish Maddi--looks like a rockin' party!!
Fun party, fun mom, and a fun birthday girl! I always feel like I'm just a bit behind your family's status...the 4 of us can go on an old person's Alaskan cruise before we know it! :)
Post a Comment