It started with a bit of a sore throat on Thursday night and graduated to a full blown flu virus by Friday morning; body aches, raw throat and ears, fatigue and a cough.
I hate being sick.
By Monday, the news of my sick status got back to my friend Michelle and because she's so nice, she made my family some delicious soup and the Relief Society brought over some delicious pumpkin spiced corn bread to go with it. It was wonderful. It has been cold, rainy and gray here since Monday and so some hot soup hit the spot. It was so yummy and pretty great to feel so special.
Then, right after we finished FHE, the doorbell rang. Somebody had doorbell ditched us with these pretty flowers - along with a handwritten note that had the words of the hymn, "There is sunshine in my soul today."
Maddi tells me, "Wow, Mom. You have a lot that happens to you when you get sick. I mean it's no surprise Sister Hart brought you dinner - she's your friend, but you got the corn bread and now flowers . . . it must be because you are in Young Women's now."
(I laugh out loud at this point.) "Yep, must be!"
So, for my "other" friend, who sent the little bit of sunshine my way . . .
Thank you!
8 comments:
I wish it had been me, you deserve some sunshine for sure!!
:)
Yes of course, it would be impossible for us to have friends if we are not serving in YW's. LOL, just kidding. It's kind of neat to see our friends rally around us. By the way, I love the new mountain picture on your blog. Stunning!
Sorry you've been sick. Did you get checked for H1N1? Hee hee. The flowers are lovely, but your new backsplash is pretty darn awesome too.
Beautiful flowers for a beautiful lady! :) I feel like I should be saying that with a latino accent. Hope you're feeling better now - being sick is no fun.
Karie - isn't that a beautiful shot? That's good old Bailey, CO!! At Lake Wellington where we had girls camp!
ah man...bummer. Hope you are on the up and up!!
Hope you are feeling better now !
I think Maddi is right about the YW friends because I am in SS now, and I feel like I have no friends in my Ward ... a real disconnect in RS, particularly. We have the pre-Broadcast dinner in our Stake and no one has asked if I am going, much less, go together. I asked Myrna, and she said, "No, I think I will just watch the broadcast at home. I guess I will, too.
that's awesome! I hope you're feeling better!! I, too, LOVE that backsplash!! Very pretty.
Post a Comment