
High school has been of out for one week today. Maddi doesn't track off until the end of June and then she has five glorious weeks of school off.
Summer is here. The windows are open and the familiar sights, sounds and smells of summer abound. There is the coconutty smell of suntan lotion on my skin and my kids; the consistent humming, buzzing sound of a lawn mower engine mowing a lawn somewhere in my neighborhood. The robin has returned once again to the tree outside my bedroom window reestablishing her summertime wake-up call. Ahhh, summer. I love it! Corn on the cob, fresh garden vegetables, watermelon, grilled meats, lime-ricki's . . .
Doesn't it just make you happy thinking about it all? Soon, every other load of laundry includes colorful pool towels and our skin's thirst for lotion is replaced with a need for the soothing, medicinal properties of aloe vera.
Camping, family reunions, fourth of july parades, s'mores, trips to the lake . . .
Life, slower.
Ahhhhh, summer.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Summer progress
Posted by Shauna at 10:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Now I have to figure out how to make the "syrup" w/o sugar ... will that be cheaper than the drive to Sonic ?
For today I am drinking the diabetic orange creme float made with Edy's "No Sugar Added" vanilla and my infamous Diet Rite Tangerine ! Works in the pinch !
I'm still in the honeymoon stage with summer as well...summers do get better as the kids get older!!
Sounds dreamy for sure! So far we have had good weather here, not too hot yet but it's coming. I love your hair, as always it's looking great. I can't believe that Andrew has graduated as well. Geesh! they grow up so fast. By the way we enjoyed getting his graduation announcement. Congrats on finishing with honors in your French class.
We're almost there! 4 more days of school and then we're FREE!!!! It just needs to warm up now...it's June for pete's sake!
Post a Comment