Thursday, April 30, 2009

Almost there . . .

This is the chant I keep saying to myself each day . . . we are almost there.
I have three classes left in French . . .
Three HUGE assignments left . . .
Two weeks left of this . . .

Which, I am NOT complaining, but it is not fun camping in your own house.

Here are the cabinets. They are all in. Minus on, which will be delivered and installed this week.

The sink will be delivered today or Friday. Yeah! I miss a kitchen sink.

The granite will be installed next Friday. The granite will restore order. I will be rejoined with the sink and the cooktop and the fridge will be moved out of my family room and back into it's place.

I show you these gopher holes in my family room ceiling because this was my stress this week. The electrician comes today to fix them which means moving them to a more logical pattern in the room. With the new brighter lights, it was looking like a stadium in my family room. Or an episode of Star Trek where all we had to do was stand under one and quite possibly Scottie would beam us up.

This whole thing started two months ago. I'm looking forward to being finished. I'd like my life back. Two weeks left.
Almost there.

8 comments:

Erin said...

oh my goodness...it is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it! I Can't wait to see it w/ the granite installed! Keep us posted! Until then, hang in there!! :)

carrie pearson said...

I feel your pain. We did a full kitchen renovation once... And it was the kitchen sink which was the hardest to live without!

You are almost there - and it does look great.

Paul and Linda said...

That dining room shot is a little "Katrina-esque" !

I am tipping my hat to the act of living through it, but oh my ! ain't it purty !

Karie said...

the kitchen is lookin' good! Can't believe you've lived with it like that for 2 months. How is your Healthy Club habbits going? I'm going to print that out and try it. I'lll keep ya posted!

J'Amy Day said...

I can just picture you guys all standing in the family room saying, "Beam me up, Scottie!" I can't stop laughing!!

BTW - the kitchen is beautiful! Hang in there!

Sarah said...

I have one big paper (20+ pages on James Joyce's Ulysses ACK!!) one shorter paper (on a book I haven't read yet) and 3,429 hours of grading until I'm DONE (turned in 20+ pages on Uncle Tom's Cabin today). I do have a working kitchen. But still...I'm with ya babe.

Melinda said...

What a project! It should be worth the sacrifice. Looks beautiful!

Heather said...

2 months is such a long time, hang in there you are almost there. It looks great!