
Thanks to my friend Jane for this picture and post . . .
Lately, life has been a little hectic for me and I have found it near impossible to keep up any good habits, so when I saw a post about a contest centered on healthy habits from my friend Jane, I found my motivation.
The woman who created this contest through her public blog, opened it up to any and all who were interested in participating. Bad thing is, I missed her deadline which means I now am going to start my own contest . . . with YOU!!! So, dear family and the few of you who still read my blog, ya in???
In "Sara's Revolutionary Challenge," there is a fee for entering. This fee allows each participant access to a shared google account which tracks progress and keeps you motivated. It also offers a cash prize.
That ain't gonna happen here. I have no time to create a google account to track your progress nor do I want your money. Keep your $20 and track your own progress!
To keep us working together, let's check in monthly and share our success and our challenges. No pressure. Join in the fun, commit yourself to the rules of the challenge and let's get started!
2009 RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE - START DATE: APRIL 27, 2009
I love this challenge because EVERY person has the ability to get 10 points daily.
Daily Habits
Each item is worth 1 point, with a possible 10 points per day
1 8 hours of sleep (not necessarily consecutive)
2 48 oz. water
3 45 minutes of exercise (not necessarily consecutive)
4 2 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit
5 No soda, beer, wine, unhealthy snacks, or bad fast food [anything FRIED]
6 No sweets [candy, desserts, pastries and sugary snacks & cereals] *sugar-free alternatives in moderation are ok
7 No eating after dinner/8pm
8 15 minutes of scripture reading (or other spiritual text if you don't do scripture)
9 One journal entry (any length)
10 Express sincere appreciation or praise to your spouse (if single, to another person)
Note: You have one free day a week, of your choice, where all 10 points will be given.
Exceptions
You are excused from the sweet rule on YOUR BIRTHDAY.
You are allowed three sick days where you are excused from exercising and eating veg/fruit/water [if you can’t eat/drink] This is ONLY to be used if you are indeed sick.
RSVP by Sunday, April 26, 2009.
Monday, April 20, 2009
The Healthy Club
Posted by Shauna at 10:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
let me know how it goes! i'm already using a free point tonight to eat after 8pm for book club since it starts at 8pm and it's at my house. i can't let them eat without me!
Hey, Daren--GOOD NEWS...the reuben is NOT FRIED so you can totally do this!! ;) (ha ha)!
This sounds like something I could do...I'm going to try it after our Lemonade Cleanse. I'm really not joking. J. and I are doing it! Starting on Sunday....
Post a Comment