Because I have been sporadic (at best) lately in the blogging, this post is just to catch everyone (who cares) up with our exciting family life (ha-ha!)
Thursday, July 10 - 1:00 a.m. we picked up our French foreign exchange student, Sarah. She is a complete doll and we are having so much fun. I haven't taken any pictures yet. Stay tuned.
Friday, July 11 - Happy Birthday Erin! Took Sarah and Maddi to make jewelry after Maddi's orthodontist appointment, picked out some yummy cheeses to try for lunch, packed a picnic lunch and headed to the pool for the afternoon. Opening social with french students and their host families.
Saturday, July 12 - White Water Rafting for Daren, Collin, Andrew, Paige and Sarah. A long run for Shauna and a play date for Maddi. At night. we all watched "Jumper" and tried to stay awake.
Sunday, July 13 - Collin's farewell talk. With the new suit on, he looked presidential, I mean missionarial. He did a very good job. He was funny, anecdotal and spoke with confidence. Daren and I were proud. I only cried for a portion . . .really! Daren had all his Sunday School class over for cookies and games. Tip: Spoons is not a very reverent game for Sunday. Oh well. Collin and I went to visit with a senior couple who just returned from the Hartford Mission. We found out that the missionaries do NOT have any dinner appointments in the mission because of those who abused it. No DA's for Elder Pierson.
Monday, July 14 - Took the light rail downtown and went to lunch at an excellent creperie. After lunch, we headed over to TJ Maxx where I gave the girls (Paige, Sarah, Maddi and Paige's friend Madison) a little impromptu scavenger hunt. (We put it all back when we were done.) Ice-cream cones. Picnic for dinner and a baseball game with all the french students. The poor things. The girls were getting beaned with the baseball over and over.
Tuesday - I don't know yet. But I'd better get on it. The Disney channel babysitter needs to leave.
Over and out.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Tuesday
Posted by Shauna at 10:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Geez. Your days sound like mine...they are running together with so much fun. What happened to the lazy days of summer? Where are they? I want them back.
D&C 10 : 4 ... :o)
My girls would LOVE a scavenger hunt at TJ Maxx next time we go...you're a genius!
Hmmm Sporadic, eh? What exactly does sporadic mean again?
You are always so quick to be creative and I think that you could make picking up garbage fun (seriously I'm not being mean, you are just a fun person). Your post about helping Paige prepare for camp was a hoot!
Post a Comment