Monday, December 31, 2007

resolutions

Christmas vacation has left me with perspective. Perspective is like the twenty/twenty vision test in life. We see better with perspective.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my vacation for the most part. There is only one day I could do without. Statistically speaking, one bad day out of ten good is pretty good. I never expected the perfect holiday.

My vacation has been eventful, but not overwhelming. Each day had a purpose and sometimes that purpose was just to entertain me. I have seen all three movies on my list. I have entertained. I tried new recipes. The family and I deep-cleaned. We have shopped and returned unwanted items. I even finished the book on my nightstand.

But the best part about vacation has been unloading the monkey on my back called stress. For quite some time and for reasons unbeknown to my consciousness, I kept a ridiculous pace last year. This pace left me feeling used-up and worn out.

It's nice to feel like myself again. I think my family likes me better too. I plan to keep this new version of myself for 2008 as long as possible.

Resolution #1: stay normal as long as possible. Try to keep the daily list short and uncomplicated.

Every year I make a list of new year's resolutions. Some things are always the same. Maybe one on your list is similar to some on mine. Do you aim to be normal in 2008 as well?

Resolution #2: lower our debt.

If you also have resolution #2 on your list, enjoy the youtube video . . .
See you next year!

1 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

I love your statement that "you" are feeling more "normal". Who is to judge our "normal" better than ourselves ? When I am feeling "abnormal", it is time for circumspect and increased prayer. My only resolution this year is improved prayer, not just more frequent, although that, too, but more meaningful and specific prayer. Less time spent in worry, and more time spent in faith. I asked Sr. Christensen how she deals with her worries and concerns abt Doug and his schizophrenia, and she said : "God knows Doug better than I do, and what will work best for him, so I have learned to turn it over to Him, and that way I can live my own life better." I am trying to apply that.