Saturday, December 22, 2007

Day two of Christmas break



So what have you done already in the 24 hours since Christmas vacation officially began?

Yesterday was a great day - productive and so fun for Daren and I. We went out together and dropped off some gifts to friends, ate lunch, returned gifts, bought different gifts, saw a movie and bought the items we need for tonight's Christmas party we are hosting for the neighbors.

I know that all sounds exhausting, but we started at noon and didn't come home until 8:30 p.m. We tried out the new Safeway to buy our Christmas hams and ate from their sushi bar. I love the philadelphia rolls and Daren likes the eel.
Collin made dinner for the chitlins at home so all was well.

We have been cleaning carpets and bedrooms and getting ready for 30 people tonight. No, I don't think anyone will have to eat in the bedrooms, but I'm not entirely positive it won't happen. It was a good excuse to declutter again and generally clean up. Collin claimed his room again which put Paige right back into her old room with Maddi. So we had to set up her bed again and rearrange the room back to how it was last summer. She is not happy about the switch. Patience my young padowan . . .

Anyway, we are well on our way to being completely exhausted from our work today for our company tonight.

As usual.

1 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

It looks like, from the picture, that the Christmas "break" may be Daren's back !
How does it seem to have Collin back "in the fold" ?