That's right - it's over, done, finis! The case was dismissed yesterday afternoon - I'm free as a bird.
In case you were curious, the case was against Federal Express made by a senior manager who claimed he was fired in retaliation to his not properly handling an employee's absenteeism. The manager felt FedEx was violating the woman's FMLA rights and so it ended up in Federal Court where I got to listen to four days of very boring fingerpointing.
The plaintiff's case did not prove through the evidence that FMLA was involved at all and so the judge ruled on the case in favor of FedEx because even though they were not nice to this poor senior manager or his employee, they didn't violate any federal rights.
I am a bit disappointed that the case didn't get to go to deliberation, but truthfully, I am happier that I am done. All of us jurors knew this could span out into the end of next week. I, for one am not that civic-minded and was feeling a little ticked that the holiday plans I was prepared for were going to be stolen.
So, it's done. I can relax. No more pity parties for me.
The older kids finished school yesterday and are home now. Maddi's last day is today and then it's time for Christmas!!
I for one am ready.
Friday, December 21, 2007
In french we say, Joyeux Noël!
Posted by Shauna at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Welcome Home ! Let the Holiday begin !
Post a Comment