Monday, October 18, 2010

Has this ever happened to you?

I woke up this morning at 5:15 a.m.


The girls and I were up early in order to catch our 9:35 flight to Arizona.

We packed the night before so we could be out the door at 7:00 a.m. and we left on time.

We took the toll road to avoid early morning rush hour traffic.

We parked in the parking lot so far away it requires a shuttle to get to the airport terminal.

We checked our bags, everything is going smoothly, until . . .

The self-check in monitor says it will not take my bags more than four hours before any flight.

I try again.

Same thing.

In frustration, I ask the nice man behind the counter what the problem is,

and when he reads my itinerary he tells me, well Ma'am, you're thirteen hours early

YOURE FLIGHT ISN'T UNTIL 9:35 P.M.

Retrace steps to the shuttle

to the car

to the toll road (because it is still morning rush hour)

to the house

to wait

for p.m.


4 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

I just hope you didn't have to see any of the same folks 12 hrs. later !

Early is never my problem ... but once while visiting J&A in SLC, I misread the return ticket and thought the time of departure was 11am in SLC, when that was really the connecting time in StL. Talk about flying ! Jeff got Erin and I to the airport and we ran through every point, and MADE IT !

Erin said...

well for heaven's sake (did I just sound like Mom or what?!).

Sarah said...

Here's a question for you? Who checks their luggage anymore?

Suzy said...

D'oh!! That stinks!! Especially when it involves missed sleep!!