Monday, August 23, 2010

Silence is Golden

I know that's not true . . . it's rather lazy and reclusive and unsociable at best. I'll admit to lazy and while I'm at it, apologize for reclusive and unsociable.

When I'm lazy, I think thoughts like, "I'm tired and I just don't feel like figuring out what to say on my blog today."

When I'm reclusive and unsociable I think, "Blogs are just more outlets for conversation than I can muster right now . . . "

So, in an effort to keep silence from saying more than I intend, I will speak and tell you my thoughts and share the everyday bits that take me from a.m. to p.m. every day.

Today's story is about my job . . .

We had two of our family's closest friends from TX come and stay with us last week while here on a business trip. The last time they were here was in April when I was busy with my real estate class. They asked if I had passed the exam and when I told them yes, Tim yelled, "You did it Shauna! You're living the dream!" To which Chris replied, "Yup, she's a full-fledged slum lord millionaire!"

Most people call us Property Managers. We work weird hours, and listen to a LOT of excuses. We issue late fees, copy keys and call exterminators for roaches. You know the term, "drinking from a fire hose?" That's me right now. Trying to put all the stuff from real estate school into application; contracts, addendums and extensions. Nobody wants a new realtor to sell their home and nobody wants a new PM to manage their home either. So, it's fun faking confidence to people. Of course, Daren has more stories of night time panic coming from the new slum dog millionaire he sleeps with now.

All part of the dream . . . quite literally!

5 comments:

Suzy said...

Soooo good to hear from you--you crazy slum lord you!! Is the next story about your night-time antics?!?

melanie said...

Ahh.. what a dream!! LOL!!!

It's sounds like it's hard being the new slum dog on the block, but hopefully once you get to know people it will get easier!

Love ya!

Paul and Linda said...

I think you are doing great ... just don't be going platinum blonde on us.

Erin said...

keep on keepin on, sister. Your shining personality and real life experience (how many homes have you bought and sold in real life now...3?!) added to your new found "title" will win them every time.

Mark Brown said...

Glad you're back.