I want to start this post with this true confession:
I WATCH TELEVISION. (Gasp!!)
I know . . . I said it.
I know I am not alone, nor should I be ashamed, but recently I have met several individuals, who, for whatever reason, cannot bring themselves to admit they watch television.
This is a complete mystery to me. This is the 21st century - who doesn't watch television? And, more importantly, why do they lie about it? You know who I am talking about, right? The person who brings up some interesting topic, but has to admit that their source of information was Oprah. Then for some reason, when they admit to watching the ONE episode of Oprah, it is quickly followed by the statement, "I usually NEVER watch t.v., but . . ."
What's the big deal? Personally, I think lying is worse than watching television. I'm just sayin' . .
Okay, so if you're offended by my habit, or if you're "one of those" who NEVER watches T.V., you might just want to opt out here . . .On the other hand, if you watch, t.v., read on . . .
Any Food Network fans here? On the Food Network, there is a little known show called, "What would Brian Boitano Make?" It's on Sunday mornings here in Denver, so you may have to set your DVR like me to watch it at your convenience (or when the shades are drawn to hide from your neighbors) either way, watch it. I think you will enjoy it. Brian will entertain you and make you laugh. He is wierd like me and says funny things. Quite honestly, he is the gay best friend I never had.
Just watch him make his Carne Asada Tacos and Green Salsa and see if he doesn't make you want to come out of the closet . . .
and admit you are a T.V. aholic, like me! Wait, what did you think I was going to say?
Have fun and happy entertaining!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
What would Brian Boitano Make?
Posted by Shauna at 2:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
He is so funny!! I love when he calls his mom/grandma!! One of my favs for sure-- I think he should get the Neely's time slot. They drive me insane!
I am so-o-o sick of Pat and Gina and their lovey dovey tasting and chopping together ... ;o( !
I've not seen Brian shake-shake-shaking, but I did catch the NFNS rerun today and have my money on Aria at the outset. The guy hyperventilating over frozen salmon and Miss Eyeball-Girl made me c-r-a-z-y. We will see !
I'm not a cooking show kind of gal, but am a huge fan of the TV!! The worst part of Jared working from home now is that it is on ALL THE TIME!
I say when it comes to watching TV, let your gay flag fly free!!!!!! ha ha ha!!
I can't wait to cue up the TiVo! Never even knew he had a show!
And, yes, we are TV-Lovin' folks over here...no shame in that!!
so this is just hard to watch ;-). Have you ever seen the Southpark Brian Boitano song? Beware...a few nasty words there...but it sort of got permanently etched when I heard it.
hahahah.
-j
Does Brian skate around the kitchen while he's cooking? LOL, just kidding. I loved your post, very well said, and then I realized that I might be guilty of having sed the "tv disclaimer" a few times in my life. Not sure why. LOL, I am however watching tv right now while I'm reading blogs. :o)
Brian Boitano might occasionally make a new blog post - know what I'm saying?
Post a Comment